Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
McCarthy is the story of this QB class for me. Harbaugh says he’s the best QB he’s coached but also has the smallest sample size. Given the QB draft order he has the potential to upstage the majority of his class. I also like that he landed in Cousins’ wake in Minnesota. He has weapons.

I’ve been big on McCarthy for awhile and a lot of people disagree.

I think looking back on this draft in a decade it could very well be that he was one of, or the best.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
sweathog wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
be a team players,

You don’t know the Chiefs. If there’s any sign that he’s not a team player, he will hear from QB1 and TE1 and get a very quick attitude change.

I do know the WR first-round draft pick my Giants traded to your Chiefs. The guy who lined up offsides and cost you a win. So, they don't all get with the program. ;) But, maybe this year will be different for him.

And if they don’t get with “the program “ they sit the bench and collect their ring

Well, they haven't actually had the ring ceremony yet so he'd better hope he gets one.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
j p o wrote:
G-man wrote:
Be interesting to see in a few years who got the best QB pick. With six picks in the top 12 me thinks not all of them may have been a great pick. But you can never quite tell.

I'll wager at least 4 teams will miss. It is such a crapshoot on which QB translates from college to the NFL.

Will any miss as bad as Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf?

Reminds me of the 1983 QB draft class. I'm not saying there a 2-3 future HOF-ers in there, but there were 6 QB's taken in the first round in '83 as well, and they had good to great careers.

Its a different time.

2 wont be starting Day 1 so they have a shot to develop and learn, I think the other 4 will start? (not sure).

Seems most think JJ will be a decent avg slightly above avg QB in the NFL, and walks into a nice offense and can sit back a few weeks and watch things for a few weeks.

I wont be surprised if 3 wash out, 2 are servicable and 1 becomes a top 5 qb.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
D.O. wrote:
sweathog wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
be a team players,

You don’t know the Chiefs. If there’s any sign that he’s not a team player, he will hear from QB1 and TE1 and get a very quick attitude change.

I do know the WR first-round draft pick my Giants traded to your Chiefs. The guy who lined up offsides and cost you a win. So, they don't all get with the program. ;) But, maybe this year will be different for him.

And if they don’t get with “the program “ they sit the bench and collect their ring

Well, they haven't actually had the ring ceremony yet so he'd better hope he gets one.

The big question is will KT be a Chief this year or traded?
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Be interesting to see in a few years who got the best QB pick. With six picks in the top 12 me thinks not all of them may have been a great pick. But you can never quite tell.

at least the last 2 QB's taken were taken before they should have been, but panic buying set in.

I think to many teams are living in the get a stud young qb on rookie deal and thats the ticket to the SB, folks are reaching for QB's.

I am glad, the draft picks went offense early, let the Defenseman drop which helped the Lions get a steal.

I have not seen anyone with a QB measure that has picked with any accuracy how a QB turns out in the pro's. I think there are to many variables, how fast are they pushed into service, what kind of O line and receivers does the team have. QB coach, Offensive Coordinator philosophy, I think some of the QB busts, could have had good careers had they landed elsewhere.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
ironclm wrote:
D.O. wrote:
sweathog wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
be a team players,

The big question is will KT be a Chief this year or traded?

Boy, I have no idea. I think if we could pick somebody up reliable on the WR free agent market, then they would release him. But if they end up keeping him, they have to decide on his fifth year option, which I would not sign. If they keep him and don’t take the fifth year option, then he’s pretty cheap at about $2 million. And we haven’t even gotten into the injury issues.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
G-man wrote:

at least the last 2 QB's taken were taken before they should have been, but panic buying set in.

I think to many teams are living in the get a stud young qb on rookie deal and thats the ticket to the SB, folks are reaching for QB's.

I am glad, the draft picks went offense early, let the Defenseman drop which helped the Lions get a steal.

I have not seen anyone with a QB measure that has picked with any accuracy how a QB turns out in the pro's. I think there are to many variables, how fast are they pushed into service, what kind of O line and receivers does the team have. QB coach, Offensive Coordinator philosophy, I think some of the QB busts, could have had good careers had they landed elsewhere.

Can you really get a steal in the 1st round? I mean all those guys have been poked/proded 3 ways to Sunday unlike your 5th or 6th round draft pick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I have never been a Nick Saban fan, but I think he’s doing a good job on the draft coverage.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
OK, I have never been a Nick Saban fan, but I think he’s doing a good job on the draft coverage.

He is doing a great job. It seems like he recruited every one of these guys. Been to their house, knows their family, knows their strengths/weakness.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We got arguably the two best corners in the draft.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
ironclm wrote:

He is doing a great job. It seems like he recruited every one of these guys. Been to their house, knows their family, knows their strengths/weakness.

Ha ha!

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
We got arguably the two best corners in the draft.

We sure needed them!!!

And a Trotter!!!

#FlyEagles#Fly

Looks like the Cowgirls are focusing on linemen, to protect Dak on one side & to try to stop Saquon on the other

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 27, 24 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [sweathog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overall I am extremely happy with the draft haul. We need offense, and it starts with the line.

Quote:
20 Troy Fautanu, IOL, Washington B
51 Zach Frazier, IOL, West Virginia A-
84 Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan B-
98 Payton Wilson, LB, N.C. State A-
119 Mason McCormick, IOL, South Dakota State A
178Logan Lee, DL, Iowa B-
195Ryan Watts, CB, Texas B+

Quote:
Pittsburgh kicked things off by drafting Troy Fautano, whom many thought was going to the Seahawks with the 16th overall pick. If getting Fautano wasn't good enough, the Steelers really struck gold in Round 2 when Zach Frazier, the second-ranked center prospect in the draft, "fell" to them with the 51st pick. Pittsburgh pulled off the O-linemen trifecta two rounds later when they selected guard Mason McCormick.

Each player has his own unique strengths and skill sets, but one thing binds them together.

"It's just their mental makeup, their approach to the game, their love of the game," said offensive line coach Pat Meyer, via Steel City Insider's Jim Wexell. "Just their play style in terms of being tenacious and wanting to finish guys."

Najee and Jaylen running behind these guys, and last year's additions of Seumalo, Daniels, Jones, will be fun to watch.

Panthers legend and future HOFer Luke Keukley raved about the (ILB) Wilson pick.

Cue the false hope!

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 NFL Draft [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
sphere wrote:
McCarthy is the story of this QB class for me. Harbaugh says he’s the best QB he’s coached but also has the smallest sample size. Given the QB draft order he has the potential to upstage the majority of his class. I also like that he landed in Cousins’ wake in Minnesota. He has weapons.

I’ve been big on McCarthy for awhile and a lot of people disagree.

I think looking back on this draft in a decade it could very well be that he was one of, or the best.

We didn't grab him but we did snag one of his money makers in the third round.

Reminds me of another ex-Wolverine QB's favorite targets up in New England.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next