Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bm wrote:
jmh wrote:
slowguy wrote:
He claimed today that the ā€œunconstitutional gag orderā€ prohibits him from testifying.

Not clear if he really knows heā€™s full of shit, or if he just canā€™t differentiate between reality and make believe anymore.

It is a toss up.

Clearly he's out of touch with reality, but I would side with he knows he's full of shit.

But it doesn't matter, because either way he can count on the stupidity of his cult to believe everything he says with little regard to actual facts.

Because they do every single time.

This! He knows what to say to get his supporters riled up. Doesn't matter if it's clearly bullshit, they'll believe every word of it.

Indeed, he knows he can get away with it because some will buy it and others will do nothing about it. On the flip side, he wakes up every morning, has his hair styled like that, and thinks it looks great. So there is definitely an element of being detached from reality.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
And that's the frustrating part about our current state of politics. Whistleblowing would be great to start with, but telling the truth at any point can be a career ender. They've created a dynamic to be able to get away with just about anything and people refuse to speak up. That doesn't bode well for us.

We had a poster during the last election who worked in the Republican political sphere. I forget who it was, but I remember them being open and honest. They bluntly stated the above. They were not willing to ruffle any feathers over Trump because it would be the end of their career and that wasn't an option for their family. Their reasoning was Trump would be long gone before they were. Not only is that not happening anytime soon, the problem now is when Trump leaves, there will be someone else ready to jump in because he has laid the groundwork for the current boldness of the far right. This poster's perceived problems with Trump aren't going away after he is gone. Too many people working on the Republican side have stayed silent for far too long. One would like to think they have been working behind the scenes to get back to relative normalcy, but if they have, they haven't been very successful.

I don't think Hope's mistake was speaking out. In fact, I think she barely spoke out. To me, her mistake was putting up with DiaperDon's crap for so long.

So for now the Democrats embrace her, but they don't want her in their tent, and the R's shun her. She'll probably go to work for some other Republican and she'll be fine, once Trump is gone.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your first paragraph aligns with what I stated. Someone who never said a word, finally said some truths about the reasoning for squashing the story prior to the election. She said she ā€œbelievedā€ it was because Trump cared so much about his wife while also saying Trump told her it would be damaging to the campaign if it came out before the election. She was well coached and likely preserved a solid career and kept the MAGAā€™s at bay for now. Like lots of people would and do.

Iā€™m not seeing where Democrats are embracing her. They are embracing truth coming out. That isnā€™t the same as embracing Hope Hicks, the person. Itā€™s unfortunate it had to happen under oath. But sometimes thatā€™s what it takes.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Hush Money Trail [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
And that's the frustrating part about our current state of politics. Whistleblowing would be great to start with, but telling the truth at any point can be a career ender. They've created a dynamic to be able to get away with just about anything and people refuse to speak up. That doesn't bode well for us.

We had a poster during the last election who worked in the Republican political sphere. I forget who it was, but I remember them being open and honest. They bluntly stated the above. They were not willing to ruffle any feathers over Trump because it would be the end of their career and that wasn't an option for their family. Their reasoning was Trump would be long gone before they were. Not only is that not happening anytime soon, the problem now is when Trump leaves, there will be someone else ready to jump in because he has laid the groundwork for the current boldness of the far right. This poster's perceived problems with Trump aren't going away after he is gone. Too many people working on the Republican side have stayed silent for far too long. One would like to think they have been working behind the scenes to get back to relative normalcy, but if they have, they haven't been very successful.

I dont think the long term is nearly as bad as you think. Trump has energized the old tea party and some more radicals. A lot of those people are following him, not a movement. Once he is out of the picture half his 30% base disappears, and your more central Republicans can start working to bring normalcy back as his insurmountable voting block is gone and many of the real republican voters who have left or stopped voting, will return.

The bigger issue could be his control of the RNC that has now been established, and how and when Trump disappears. what happens in Nov, goes along ways towards resolving a lot of this, a Huge loss and its bye bye, a small loss, will be interesting to see how he plays it, but I think he goes nuts and stresses out to death or gets locked up. A win, and well I think both sides are screwed as he just goes off doing whatever the hell he wants. He has enemies that are Republican also.

I hope you are right. I don't have that luxury at the moment while living among the movement. Our congresspeople are not the crown jewels of the US, pushing bigotry, racism, and other nonsense completely unabated, while also allowing MAGA to run off the more moderate conservatives. They are as emboldened as they ever have been. We decided we didn't care about illegitimate GOP electors from 2020 and elected one of them to Lieutenant Governor. The only reason we have two Democrat senators is because Trump convinced enough people the runoff would be rigged so they stayed home. I'd like to be optimistic, but I've been given no reason to be.
Quote Reply

Prev Next