Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
**side bar.....looks like a nice old big-body Bronco in the driveway. I had a '96, miss that truck.

Broncos are trending

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching her concert movie with my wife right now. She is pretty amazing. I can see why she is so popular......and why the MAGA chuds are so scared of her.
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [LacticacidMCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LacticacidMCB wrote:
satanellus wrote:
sphere wrote:

The wife’s preordered copy is awaiting her return.

I'm easily confused.

What's the difference between ordering a copy and preordering?

Is it like prepreparing food or presale items? Which seem to basically mean preparing and sale.

Order it before it’s available to ship.

And they have to re-press it - basically, a First Edition

Not something anyone worried about in the past, but Discogs vinyl-philes are all about that shit, now

Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Watching her concert movie with my wife right now. She is pretty amazing. I can see why she is so popular......and why the MAGA chuds are so scared of her.

Spotify reported a record smashing 300 million streams of her new album in the first 24 hours.

Nah, MAGA doesn't have anything to worry about. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:

Who'd've guessed Fox News would find a negative way to cover it.

Also, shouldn't professional copywriters know how to craft a sentence that doesn't confuse the reader? For clarity, the article was published anonymously because of a previous threat. The album wasn't given a harsh review because of it.

Taylor Swift's new album receives harsh review by anonymous author due to 'threats of violence'

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
zed707 wrote:

Also, shouldn't professional copywriters know how to craft a sentence that doesn't confuse the reader? For clarity, the article was published anonymously because of a previous threat. The album wasn't given a harsh review because of it.

Taylor Swift's new album receives harsh review by anonymous author due to 'threats of violence'

Not gonna destroy brain cells by reading the article, but that's a confusing title.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Also, shouldn't professional copywriters know how to craft a sentence that doesn't confuse the reader?

Clickbait technique, making its way more and more into mainstream outlets. So that IS professional copywriting these days.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:

Clickbait technique, making its way more and more into mainstream outlets. So that IS professional copywriting these days.

The most maddening clickbait technique these days is having a clickbait headline, and then you start reading it, and it's just paragraph after paragraph of meaningless filler before you get to the who/why/what/when/where.

I assume this is to maximize some tracked metric, like how long an ad stays in the view of the reader.

But I'll get to the about the 3rd pargraph and then if I sense that tactic, it's a permanent personal ban hammer to the whole site that hosted it.
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's like recipe blogs, but for news

you're right, it's for teh metricz

my hate burns strong for it

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: MAGA fears Taylor Swift [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
sphere wrote:
zed707 wrote:

Not gonna destroy brain cells by reading the article, but that's a confusing title.

Any link that starts with "http://www.foxnews.com/" isn't gonna end well; ok, maybe a few laughs, but ....

Quote Reply

Prev Next