"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's be honest here, the shitbag has been recommended for disbarment. I believe the next step is the CA Supreme Court has final say.

And to the benefit of us all, he not allowed to practice law until the CA SC makes their decision.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly, Rudy has already been disbarred and can no longer practice law. What impact does that truly have on him and these other folks? Can they not continue to provide advice for a fee, and then sub any legal paperwork out to a friendly at Morgan & Morgan? Is a law license really that necessary if you already “know the law”

As a non-lawyer I’m trying to understand what not having a license truly means. It seems these folks will still find a way to push their conspiracy theories while earning an income - ie Alex Jones.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [Crocwrestler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd have to be pretty stupid to accept legal advise from someone who is no longer held accountable by the bar for their actions.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
You'd have to be pretty stupid to accept legal advise from someone who is no longer held accountable by the bar for their actions.

Never underestimate the level of stupidity within the maga gene pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Perhaps. But millions of americans were quite happy with this caliber of folks running our country in 2017-2020.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not just yet. CA Supreme Court must affirm. But the presiding judge has recommended it and his license is suspended until/unless the Supreme Court decides to lower the punishment.

But effectively yes, I doubt he ever gets his CA license back.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

There should not be any privilege for communications with someone whom you know had been disbarred. Letting the other side potentially get your communications would be a further negative to hiring Eastman.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Again, you’d have to be pretty stupid…

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “They're taking away John Eastman's law license, which is outrageous. He's one of the best attorneys in the United States, perhaps in history.”

https://x.com/...VXZiCUm1aguM6ABLo7hA

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene: “They're taking away John Eastman's law license, which is outrageous. He's one of the best attorneys in the United States, perhaps in history.”

That's what being a liar and a fraud will get you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
sphere wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That's what being a liar and a fraud will get you.

Being a liar and fraud got her re-elected, she sees no downside.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar to Rudy and many others, this guy must be wiped out financially? Not that I feel any remorse. Maybe he gets a gig at a conservative think tank.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [Trick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trick wrote:
Similar to Rudy and many others, this guy must be wiped out financially? Not that I feel any remorse. Maybe he gets a gig at a conservative think tank.

After clerking for SCOTUS, he probably had a good chance of making partner at Kirkland & Ellis, had he stayed there. Average equity partner compensation there is now around $7mm/year. He decided to go the political route instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a CA lawyer, thank god the State Bar did the right thing here.
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
As a CA lawyer, thank god the State Bar did the right thing here.

Any idea how deferential the court usually is to these recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Eastman disbarred in California [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ike wrote:
Trick wrote:

After clerking for SCOTUS, he probably had a good chance of making partner at Kirkland & Ellis, had he stayed there. Average equity partner compensation there is now around $7mm/year. He decided to go the political route instead.

He was dean of a law school....that's a cushy gig
Quote Reply