Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Gen2 speed concept stem/monorisers
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, I'm looking to modify the front end of my gen2 speed concept with some long arm extensions. In looking around it seems they all increase stack height, so I need to change what I have. I'm looking for the low far stem and a range of monorisers so I can mix and match with what I currently own. I realize this might be a longshot, but looking to see what people might have lying around. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Gen2 speed concept stem/monorisers [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use or plan to use the plugin adapter, then there is no stack changes at the elbow pads from the standard setup even if you use longer poles.
But maybe I misunderstood your plans.

I have a low near stem (LOW/NEAR Part # 436145) in a for sale thread, but not the far one unfortunately.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Gen2 speed concept stem/monorisers [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. To clarify I am considering moving to full arm support super extensions/cups in one. If I do this I'd remove the current cups and monobar setup and adjust stack from that point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have risers I don't want to sell, but check out FastTT. I got the adapter plate and their extensions, I am very pleased with how they look (and feel of course). I ran the short ski bend with the pads all the way back on a low near. The new setup was longer in the ski length, and the pads go father back. Fit wise I would say that makes it longer overall. I figured out what that number was, but sorry I can't now remember. The fast TT pad stack was lower, I went up one riser. Their speed concept adapter plate could still be worth it for you if you want someone else's extension.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Gen2 speed concept stem/monorisers [SilentHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the insight. I do think I’m going to get the fastTT plate, maybe the tilt blocks too but can’t decide on their long arm extensions or scoops ultimate from tririg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are you going to attach 3rd party hardware to the mono riser without a plate? Does somebody else make one?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Gen2 speed concept stem/monorisers [SilentHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably getting the plate, it seems like a good solution. I know aerocoach ascalons has an adapter also, but the BTA water bottle addition adds hardware beyond what the plate offers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andrew,

I have a few monobar spacers in my SC spare parts bin, that I don’t really need.
Send me a message and we can see what you need, and figure something out.

Cheers,

David

I love rim brake bikes!
Quote Reply