Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPod Shuffle Question
Quote | Reply
I recently got a new PC and transferred everything from my old computer to the new one, including my iPod software. I have both a Shuffle and a regular iPod.

The problem is this: my computer doesn't recognize my Shuffle when I plug it into the USB - it doesn't detect that it's there. Therefore, although it recharges, I can't update or change the music on the Shuffle. I don't have this problem with the iPod, which I plug in using a different port. I've tried plugging other things, like my camera, into the USB and it's not the port that's the problem.

I've downloaded all the software updates from the Apple site, I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips available on the website, but nothing works. Although Apple has online support, since my Shuffle is more than 1 year old I can't use the online support unless I pay something like $60 for an extended warrantly - for my $99 shuffle. (What a ripoff that is!)

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: iPod Shuffle Question [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried resetting your shuffle? ilounge.com is an excellent resource.
Quote Reply
Re: iPod Shuffle Question [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend had the same problem - she exchanged it at an Apple store for a working one, no problem afterward.

Thanks for referring me to ilounge. I'd never heard of it before.

Unfortunately, from what I'm seeing there, this is a common problem and though there are a lot of people saying that they have the problem, I'm not seeing any solutions. :-(

I did reset it. It didn't make a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The solution is in pont #3. Trust me :)

Try restoring (not resetting) it. You have to download the software from itunes and it will erase everything on it, but it should recognize it after that.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: iPod Shuffle Question [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I could exchange it I would. It's over a year old. I can't even get support for it!
Quote Reply
Re: iPod Shuffle Question [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't restore it because the software doesn't detect that the shuffle's plugged into the port. It says to "plug in the iPod" but it's already plugged in. I still have the old pc... maybe i'll try to restore it on that pc and see if that works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If I could exchange it I would. It's over a year old. I can't even get support for it!

Oh.. dang.

Have you tried a different computer? Tried restarting your computer?

I just restored it on my old computer, but it's still not being detected on the new one. With all the time I've put into trying to fix the stupid thing it would be more cost effective to just buy a new one.
Quote Reply