Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You guys are so damn easy!
Quote | Reply
WOO HOOOOO LOOK OVER HERE AT ALL THESE NASTY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!! WE NEED LAWS TO KEEP EM OUT!!! Doesn't matter that they've been here for years making burritos and minding their business and nobody has cared. So why is this suddenly a huge issue????

76 dead US soldiers in Iraq in April, running total now 2405 with tens of thousands more wounded. And people ask why Bush grasped this nettle when he didn't really have to. Bush might be dumb, but what makes him dangerous is that he understands just how truly dumb the sheep like American populace can be.

When this dies down we'll be ready for another religious wedge issue to keep our eyes off the ball.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are so damn easy! [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. Seems to me like President Bush, like most politicians, is trying his best to avoid the issue.

Quote | Reply
So why is this suddenly a huge issue????

You need to pay closer attention. This is not "suddenly" a huge issue.

You know, you might want to consider the notion that there are other actual issues besides Iraq. (I would explain how very wrong your assertion that Bush created the immigration controversy as a distraction is, but if one has to explain the self-evident, it's probably futile.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are so damn easy! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This is not "suddenly" a huge issue.
I would disagree to a certain extent. For someone like me in Phoenix, AZ, this is something that has been an issue for quite some time. However, to the extent that this is a national issue and seemingly everyone is discussing it, I would consider that a new development.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because illegals and their legal friends have decided to start throwing fits and having protest marches?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are so damn easy! [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are wasting your typing and intellectual talents trying to explain something so blindingly obvious to one so naif-like.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bush was working on the immigration issue before 9-11. It got put on the back burner due to those attacks. Might be new to you, but not anybody else. Type "Bush and immigration, 2001", and you'll see it was a policy issue then. He also brought it back up in 2004. Nice try, though. You may also note that Bush is basically calling for an amnesty for illegal immigrants who have been in the country working for a period of time, so the entire premise of your post is essentially incorrect.

Spot

Quote | Reply
That's basically Chomsky's thesis - can't remember which book, but he asserts that lots of these "primetime" issues are just used to reinforce the false left/right dichotomy so that the real issues go unnoticed.
Quote Reply