Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Our gender obsessed Prime Minister
Quote | Reply
http://nationalpost.com/news/christie-blatchford-trudeau-governments-needless-obsession-with-gender-is-exhausting

Service Canada (where Canadians go for gov't program access) and other gov't depts have now been commanded by our dear leader to use "gender neutral language" Apparently causing problems already as employees are having a hard time using parent 1 or parent 2 vs father or mother. As well Canada is going to be involved in peace keeping in Mali and it appears the most important priority is getting as many women in that task force as possible. Hopefully it won't result in persons not qualified being sent and putting themselves and others in danger. If that did happen we would likely never know because we are not allowed to talk about that.

The other thing is when exactly will we be able to declare victory on this whole gender equality thing? I have a wife who is a doctor and makes as much as I do and makes more per unit time expended. I have a daughter who would like to go to med school and all things equal I would rate her chances of getting in higher than my son. The professional schools are tilting to higher enrollment of females vs males for years now (vet school is 80 percent women now) med school 55-60 female and more women go to university then men.

I don't think we ever get to declare victory as things will never be exactly equal. Besides at this point it looks like there are other agendas besides equality fueling this

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Mar 22, 18 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Our gender obsessed Prime Minister [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trudeau is pressing his "feminist" agenda for one reason and one reason only, to get women votes. Ok, possibly to try and impress his wife but mainly for votes.

The irony is that a lot of women I know are sick and tired of his pandering to them as if they are helpless and it's backfiring.

Personally, I'm very tired of his lecturing Canadians on all of our faults as if we need to strive to be like him. He does the same with foreign governments, pretending everything in Canada is so much better than their countries, because of his leadership, and that they should be more like us.

He has to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don't think we ever get to declare victory as things will never be exactly equal.

We'll never declare victory because an entire industry depends on the perpetual perception of inequality and injustice. That's not to say we've reached a point at which honest feminists should be satisfied; I'm saying as it is with the racial grievance industry, they're heavily invested in promoting a perception of a chasm of inequality regardless of how it squares with reality.

The average woman probably still believes they're being paid $0.78 for ever dollar earned by a man doing the sam job, all things being equal. That's no accident.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Mar 22, 18 10:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m in Hawaii right now and today is the first I’d heard of the latest virtue signal. That guy has a pretty big shovel and he’s not afraid to use it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we can declare victory over equality when 50% of nurses, elementary school teachers, and social workers are men.

I am so, so sick of our PM's antics.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Our gender obsessed Prime Minister [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harvey Weinstein and Woody Allen

I appreciate that JT is not necessarily doing it for the right reasons, but I would think you might be able to declare victory when sexual harrassment is not endemic in businesses, nor socially acceptable or ignored by, well, pretty much everyone.

My wife is pretty smart, we work a lot in hospitals - or used to. One day, maybe 7-8 years ago, she is in theatre watching a knee replacement. Its all going fine, the surgeon goes to fix the knee, for which I think they use a 2 part composite. Anyway, he gives her a bit to hold and carries on operating. He says to her, hows it feel. She says its getting hot. Time passes, he asks again, she says its getting hard. He says when was the last time you felt something hot and hard............

Now, she tells it and its funny, but its also completely inappropriate. I guess when you can go to work and that sort of shit doesnt happen you might be able to declare victory
Quote Reply
Re: Our gender obsessed Prime Minister [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Now, she tells it and its funny, but its also completely inappropriate. I guess when you can go to work and that sort of shit doesnt happen you might be able to declare victory

So, when people stop having a sense of humor or stop saying inappropriate things? That's not limited by sex. The doctor could just as easily have made (and probably would have made) a similar joke if the patient was a guy.

Quote:
I appreciate that JT is not necessarily doing it for the right reasons, but I would think you might be able to declare victory when sexual harrassment is not endemic in businesses, nor socially acceptable or ignored by, well, pretty much everyone.

I'm not sure how mandating gender neutral pronouns in government documents does anything to squash harassment.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Our gender obsessed Prime Minister [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I'm not sure how mandating gender neutral pronouns in government documents does anything to squash harassment.

I was going to ask this statement as a question.

I am pretty sure the answer is: it doesn't.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the point is that being crude or making sexual references probably does not have a place in the work environment.

It also has a significantly different tone if the senior members in the theatre are male and the junior are female. If you cant see that, its what Harvey et al did, its a power thing, its not just a joke.

There is no way that they'd have made the joke for a male, because its about embarrassing her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I think the point is that being crude or making sexual references probably does not have a place in the work environment.

Ok, but that doesn't really have anything to do with gender neutral pronouns or the imbalance between men and women in the workplace, etc.

Quote:
It also has a significantly different tone if the senior members in the theatre are male and the junior are female. If you cant see that, its what Harvey et al did, its a power thing, its not just a joke.

Maybe. My point is that the doctor might have just as easily made a similar joke with a male patient or male junior medical team members. We don't really know if he does or not. Maybe he's a power playing sexual predator. Or maybe he's just a guy with a crass sense of humor, trying to make light of a serious situation.

Quote:
There is no way that they'd have made the joke for a male, because its about embarrassing her.

I think you're wrong. I have heard similar jokes made between guys more times than I can count.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

With all due respect this is not what Harvey did.

He would pull out his wang and tell women to suck it if they wanted a role. Then if they didn't he would tell everyone not to hire that woman.

Slightly different.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was speaking more to the point of when you can declare victory. I don't think it has anything to do with gender neutral pronouns. I think it has everything to do with intent and acceptable behaviours

I suspect hearing those jokes depends on the environments different people have worked in and whats acceptable.

Certainly that would happen at a rugby club or perhaps in more male environments.

I've not spent much time in environments where I heard it but I know it happens. It just wouldn't happen to a male ordinarily in the places I have worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was speaking more to the point of when you can declare victory. I don't think it has anything to do with gender neutral pronouns. I think it has everything to do with intent and acceptable behaviours

I think you're driving at "victory" in a different area. You seem to be looking at when we can declare victory in the struggle against general crassness and power plays. That will never ever happen. But that's also separate from when we can declare victory in the struggle for gender equality.

Quote:
I've not spent much time in environments where I heard it but I know it happens. It just wouldn't happen to a male ordinarily in the places I have worked.

I have no problem imagining the patient as a man, and the doctor saying something like, "Hot and hard, huh? Sorry buddy, but I don't swing that way."

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

My colleague (ICU doc) bought us coffee on Wednesday afternoon, wrote his name on the lid to distinguish his from ours. We then walked down to see a consult in the observation unit, set down our cups in the RN break room. I took a quick 15 seconds after he walked away to show my gratitude with artwork.

#himtoo

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Our gender obsessed Prime Minister [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It is funny though.

If you define victory as the point where government has to decide what's funny and what is inappropriate, then things are way out of control. Trudeau is being ridiculous. He's in way over his head in terms of policy so depends on trying to create a sense of inequality that just isn't there.

Quote Reply