Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MotoGP 2018
Quote | Reply
Anyone else watching the most exciting Motorsport series this year?
After an up and down pre-season where multiple teams and individuals have had good and bad indicators the season finally kicked off today in Qatar.
Many commentators had said everyone was so close anyone of ten riders realistically had a chance of winning today - and for sixteen laps it really looked that way, with everything so close that one mistake would drop you from race lead to fourth in a blink. Of course in the end the stalwarts were there at the end but a great spectacle from all the riders.

If every race ends up like that it really may end up being the best season of MotoGP ever.
Quote Reply
Re: MotoGP 2018 [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely watching again this year....love MotoGP (and I include Moto3 (best class ever) and Moto2 in that)

Usually watch all 3 races each weekend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I renewed my subscription for Videopass last week. Haven't watched. The race result already spoiled for me by Instagram. Just need to get some time to watch. Seems like Yamaha still has need for improvement. :-/

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: MotoGP 2018 [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purposefully didn't put any spoilers in my original post as I often don't get to watch the races live so I then stay away from all social media until I can watch on the videopass. Actually watched this one live - even if you know the result the race will be great to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good race. Would have been interesting to see what Vinales could have done if he didn't have those first two laps or qualified closer to the front. He was ripping towards the front with several laps left.

Do you already have your tickets to COTA this year?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It certainly was an interesting first race - good to see a mix of manufacturers and riders battling it out.

I haven't got tickets yet but I normally get a general admission pass as I like to roam around and watch the action from different spots over a weekend so no real risk of those selling out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you stay in Austin? My work schedule looks clear for next month, and I am thinking about getting tickets. Yet, I wanted paddock access, which doesn't seem available.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have family that live in SW Austin so stay with them. I take the family up and they do kid friendly stuff while I go to the races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what availability is and I've not been to that track so I don't know how close they are, but these are some places our crews have used when we work COTA.

HIE Sunset Valley 4892 US HWY 290 W Sunset Valley, TX 78735

Hilton Garden Inn Downtown
500 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78701

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
6711 E Ben White Blvd. Ausitn, Tx 78744
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that Argentina GP was borrowing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you haven't watched the Assen GP yet do yourself a favour - grab a couple of beers and sit down and prepare to be entertained.
Wow - that was some race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching more now, as my fiance' races in Moto2 class (I think it's 600cc) . He popped over a hill while passing at the track outside Salt Lake City, lost control and is in pain now from $33,000 worth of dental repairs. It's a young person's sport and his injury (he's 63 y.o.) is proof.

Rolling, mechanized, death machines if you asked me. I'll stop before BLeP warns me to take it to the other forum.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply