Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best butt ever....
Quote | Reply
I smoked the best butt ever today on the big green egg. I found a dry rub on a great website (AmazingRibs.com) and tried it for the first time today. I also used Hickory wood as well as some oak. I've never used hickory before either, so I'm not sure how much it created. My family and I agreed this was the best boston butt I've ever smoked.

Rub recipe https://amazingribs.com/...phis-dust-rub-recipe I will say that the recipe makes a lot. I still have enough left to fill 1 and 1/2 quart sized sandwich bags.

I learned a lot from this website. One of the things that I did based on their recommendation was to buy a digital thermometer with dual probes - one for the meat and one for the grill/smoker. I didn't realize it, but I had been overcooking my meat. It was always good, but I would say that my meat is better than it has ever been before.

Another thing I learned was to put blocks of wood (oak, mesquite, maple) in between the flavor bars on my propane grill and then cook with indirect heat. The wood blocks add a lot of flavorful smoke. Just like with the thermometer, it has made a huge difference in the meats on the grill - especially chicken and pork chops.

Quote Reply
Re: Best butt ever.... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I smoked the best butt ever today on the big green egg. I found a dry rub on a great website (AmazingRibs.com) and tried it for the first time today. I also used Hickory wood as well as some oak. I've never used hickory before either, so I'm not sure how much it created. My family and I agreed this was the best boston butt I've ever smoked.

Rub recipe https://amazingribs.com/...phis-dust-rub-recipe I will say that the recipe makes a lot. I still have enough left to fill 1 and 1/2 quart sized sandwich bags.

I learned a lot from this website. One of the things that I did based on their recommendation was to buy a digital thermometer with dual probes - one for the meat and one for the grill/smoker. I didn't realize it, but I had been overcooking my meat. It was always good, but I would say that my meat is better than it has ever been before.

Another thing I learned was to put blocks of wood (oak, mesquite, maple) in between the flavor bars on my propane grill and then cook with indirect heat. The wood blocks add a lot of flavorful smoke. Just like with the thermometer, it has made a huge difference in the meats on the grill - especially chicken and pork chops.

Tease. Was totally expecting a really good photo...hopefully of an Olympic athlete.

Well played.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Best butt ever.... [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask and you shall receive
Quote Reply