Prev Next
Re: March Madness Has Begun [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Itd lookin like they are heading back to moo U
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
Coworkers are peeved that I had the Loyola upset picked. Now SDSU needs to put OSU down.

they have a little ground to make up.

daum, down on his family's nebraska farm, didn't really have a winning stroke. he decided he needed some shooting expertise. so of course he learned how to shoot from... his mom ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
MTBSully wrote:
Coworkers are peeved that I had the Loyola upset picked. Now SDSU needs to put OSU down.

they have a little ground to make up.

daum, down on his family's nebraska farm, didn't really have a winning stroke. he decided he needed some shooting expertise. so of course he learned how to shoot from... his mom ;-)

Maybe he could have taken a few pointers from the coaches wife too since she was a WNBA player. At least he’s getting some love from the analysts and has a shot at the next level. But he’s not the next Larry Legend
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ESPN Bracket challenge-

Not sure if you can create bracket after the games have started. If you already have one you can join this one.
Group name: slowtwich
Password : TDS

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:

Surprised at that outcome, I thought for sure SDSU would win that, and that some of the Big 10 teams would have a little layoff hangover.

Now, about the Conference of Champions.....

One Shining Podcast‏Verified account @oneshiningpod
LIVE LOOK AT SEAN MILLER LIVE LOOK AT ARIZONA BASKETBALL LIVE LOOK AT THE ENTIRE PAC-12
8:44 PM - 15 Mar 2018

Last edited by: bluemonkeytri: Mar 16, 18 5:42
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't get the tweet embedded I want. Funny ones on AZ's loss here: http://larrybrownsports.com/...-loss-buffalo/433423
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buffalo is the real deal, good team. I'm pretty sure they are only losing one player after this year.

Sucks for me because I had Arizona going to the elite eight, but then again anytime a P5 team loses to a mid-major, I'll drink to that.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It used to be a rule of bracket picking, like a 12 always beats a 5, that the MAC champion would win its first round game. The MAC has been a little down (based on its history) for about a decade now, but used to be the mid-major no one wanted to see in the first round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marshall!!! Well there goes another one of my sweet 16 teams!
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it finally happened.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cincinnati was up by 22 and the score is tied with 30 seconds left

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
What a classic shit the bed that was.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And somehow my Cats are the highest seed left in the South
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
What a classic shit the bed that was.

Nevada being my Alma mater, I’ve watched most of their games this year. When they were down 22 with 11min to go I thought, well, Nevada has them right where they want them. Nevada is THE worst D1 team in the 1st half. And THE best team in the 2nd.

They have been down a total of 36 points in their 1st 2 games, prob some kind of tourney record. They’ve been down at halftime in each of their last 5 games.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the backside of March, there are other winners and losers. The risk of doing well means your coach is sought out. I just wonder who would be suckered into going to Pittsburgh....

I can see UConn being good soon.I bet a lot of Hurley's kids ask for release and follow him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22862828/dan-hurley-leave-rhode-island-become-uconn-men-basketball-coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
On the backside of March, there are other winners and losers. The risk of doing well means your coach is sought out. I just wonder who would be suckered into going to Pittsburgh....

I can see UConn being good soon.I bet a lot of Hurley's kids ask for release and follow him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22862828/dan-hurley-leave-rhode-island-become-uconn-men-basketball-coach

depending on where dan hurley lives, he may not even need to relocate. he'll just drive north instead of south to get to work.

but to your point, mark few's in the sweet 16. where's pitino? last year few was in the championship game. pitino? calipari? coach k? few makes one-sixth of what calipari makes, and calipari earns about what coach k earns.

being a really good coach: great. being a really good coach who knows how to find happiness where he is: priceless.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
being a really good coach: great. being a really good coach who knows how to find happiness where he is: priceless.

Agreed, look at Phil Martelli. Coach of St. Joes for 21 years, no plans to leave. I think a lot of it is job security and branding. Sure you can get paid well for a few years, but if you keep at the same school for a long time your bound to have a building named after you or a statue somewhere on campus.

But you also look at Shaka Smart, he would of been solid at VCU for a long time, Texas gave him a pay raise and he was gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Agreed, look at Phil Martelli. Coach of St. Joes for 21 years, no plans to leave. I think a lot of it is job security and branding. Sure you can get paid well for a few years, but if you keep at the same school for a long time your bound to have a building named after you or a statue somewhere on campus.

But you also look at Shaka Smart, he would of been solid at VCU for a long time, Texas gave him a pay raise and he was gone.

but transfer athletes are "quitters". says serial transferer, mid-contract-switcher tubby smith. who (fittingly) just got fired from memphis. live by the (coach) transfer, die by the transfer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next