Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long is the ferry ride? I really have no idea. To me a ferry ride is going over to Toronto Islands which takes about 10 minutes.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
snoots wrote:
It can't be worse than driving from Whitby to YYZ for an 9AM flight to Vancouver...

Besides, Victoria has it's own international airport...

I suppose Q400's flying to Seattle, Portland & Anchorage technically make it an international airport, technically. However when one visits Vic International the first time, quaint is a pretty good description.

I was kidding... quaint is a good word, tho...

I thought Edmonton International was small, I was wrong. Even Kona is bigger.
Last edited by: racin_rusty: Feb 2, 18 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
How long is the ferry ride? I really have no idea. To me a ferry ride is going over to Toronto Islands which takes about 10 minutes.

The ride itself is 1:35 (2 hrs from Nanaimo), but depending on the day you need to arrive well in advance to ensure you get on. You can pay for a reservation, but they only sell those for a portion of the boat and for big travel days (e.g. Labour Day Weekend, Thanksgiving) they sell out months in advance. And the ferry terminals aren't close to either Victoria or Vancouver. Royal pain in the butt!
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it's complicated. The ferry itself is 1 hour and 40 minutes. But the terminals are out of town a bit and a downtown to downtown trip takes hours.

If you drive, it's 30-45 min from Victoria to the ferry terminal. You need to get to the terminal at least 30 min, usually 1 hr early or sooner during busy periods. Once in Vancouver, it's a 30-45 min drive downtown. So it can be a half day endeavor. Cost to drive on the ferry with only the driver in the car is around $80 one way, and the trip is 3 hours or so depending on the wait at the terminal and traffic.

Public transit in Victoria is shit, so if you go that route it'll be 1.5 hrs just to get to the terminal, then the 1.5hr trip, then 1 hr on the Vancouver side to get downtown, but it's around $30. With bus wait times and transfers usually it's like a 4-4.5 hr trip.

Or, you can take the harbour to harbour float plane. Downtown to downtown in 20 min, $160 one way. It's my preferred method when I don't need a car. I usually cash in travel points if I'm going this route. The plane ride is breathtakingly scenic too.

Living in Paradise is expensive.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said, if Victoria has good access to a real airport, so do I, and I do not have good access to a real airport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Think of the ferry ride between Victoria to Vancouver as being a bigger version of a cruise through the Thousand Islands. In fact, Victoria reminds me of a bigger version of Kingston, Ont. They're both very cool areas with a lot of similarities except that Victoria is bigger and has much milder winters. The ferry from Victoria-Vancouver is very interesting with all the islands. The ferry from Nanaimo is just plain boring since its all open water.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 2, 18 21:07
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
and congrats on your newly neutered Anthem!

Things like that made me take out a membership in a political party here for the first time in my life. I am so tired of the nonsense coming out of Ottawa that I joined the Conservative Party, in both the provincial and federal governments in the fading hope that some common sense can come back.

I'm getting tired of the political correctness, "feminine" foreign policy and a long and growing list of stupid things our Premier (Liberal Party) and Prime Minister (Liberal Party) are doing.

man, some of you dudes just seem to go through life super angry. changing 2 words of the national anthem is what did it for you? that's your key platform issue?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Like I said, if Victoria has good access to a real airport, so do I, and I do not have good access to a real airport.

Ok. Sure.

Whenever I fly international, it's a 15-20 min connecting flight to Vancouver international. That's quicker then most people can get to a major international hub. Hell, I can probably get to YVR quicker from the island then many Surrey residents or other people technically living in Vancouver. There are a few flights an hour, every day, all day. Not sure why that's considered bad access.

Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
snoots wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
snoots wrote:
It can't be worse than driving from Whitby to YYZ for an 9AM flight to Vancouver...

Besides, Victoria has it's own international airport...

I suppose Q400's flying to Seattle, Portland & Anchorage technically make it an international airport, technically. However when one visits Vic International the first time, quaint is a pretty good description.

I was kidding... quaint is a good word, tho...

I thought Edmonton International was small, I was wrong. Even Kona is bigger.

At least Edmonton has a Maple Leaf Lounge... I haven't actually flown into Victoria in quite a while; numerous trips to the island in the past few years, but always to Naniamo where it's cute that they tell you what gate your flight is leaving from...lol
Quote Reply
Re: Quebec City Named Best City for Whiny Spoiled Brats... [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me guess. 1 gate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother lives in Cranbrook. Cranbrook international airport is around the size of a bus stop.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Cranbrook have a Cessna 206 flying a schedule to Coeur d'Alene?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Let me guess. 1 gate.

Well, 2 technically, since there are 2 doors...
Quote Reply

Prev Next