Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
And so it begins....

I'm imgining it would be like Ben Cafferty's testimony in Veep. Here's hoping.

Your Veep reference initiated a thought.

Is George Papadopoulus a real life Jonah Ryan?
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
I didn’t know this was a discussion.

She's have a discussion with herself.

Another day, more hyperbole, little to see, nothing ever comes of their excitement. The new "Cold War" is laughable to everyone but the loons.

Meh, the economy is rolling and in another year the 2020 campaign will start. Idiots like Kay and the Canucks will get all excited several more times over the next 12 months only to see their hopes dashed. The Dem's will run Opie, Sanders or Harris, all losers. All will run on an SJW platform, which no one but the idiot left care about. The Republicans are the key to getting rid of Trump. Several solid candidates are lining up already. Till then, Trump is going nowhere until January 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idiots like Kay and the Canucks

Looks like something hit close to home and you're forced to defend Trump again...

Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:
I didn’t know this was a discussion.

She's have a discussion with herself.

Another day, more hyperbole, little to see, nothing ever comes of their excitement. The new "Cold War" is laughable to everyone but the loons.

Meh, the economy is rolling and in another year the 2020 campaign will start. Idiots like Kay and the Canucks will get all excited several more times over the next 12 months only to see their hopes dashed. The Dem's will run Opie, Sanders or Harris, all losers. All will run on an SJW platform, which no one but the idiot left care about. The Republicans are the key to getting rid of Trump. Several solid candidates are lining up already. Till then, Trump is going nowhere until January 2021.

You guys threw 18 candidates against him last time and couldn't come up with one solid one. Now several are lining up? Trump is the key to getting rid of Trump. Get your head out of the sand. It's already happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Idiots like Kay and the Canucks

Looks like something hit close to home and you're forced to defend Trump again...

Must be his day job.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
[He will answer questions in front of the Grand Jury as executive privilege will not apply there.

Except he agreed to an interview instead of a Grand Jury appearance.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:
Shhhhh, you will ruin hysteria.

Ah yes, the "you idiots are hysterical" argument. You forgot to include a helping of "TDS".

So predictable that you don't have enough intelligence or critical thinking to recognize that the WH telling Bannon not to speak might, just might be suspicious. Yeah, hysteria, right.

You are clearly suffering from TDSDS. Please seek help.

Invoking executive privilege under almost any circumstances is exactly what we should expect from the Executive branch. That's been consistent from George Washington through Barak Obama.

(I'm not saying there's nothing to hide -- how do I know? -- just that your argument isn't very compelling.)
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Invoking executive privilege under almost any circumstances is exactly what we should expect from the Executive branch. That's been consistent from George Washington through Barak Obama.

I heard on NPR today that the concept and term was first coined by the Eisenhower administration, who wanted to be freer from scrutiny by the courts or Congress. I haven't verified that with Google-fu yet. They did say it's been used by every administration since, though.

An "expert" also said that Bannon's use of the concept to cover the time of the transition is fairly shaky since Obama was the chief executive during that time, and it'd be difficult to argue that Trump's executive privilege had started.

I was relieved to hear that the privilege does not extend to Mueller's investigation or grand jury testimony. Bannon will be compelled to tell the truth in those situations.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon subpoenaed before grand jury [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:
[He will answer questions in front of the Grand Jury as executive privilege will not apply there.

Except he agreed to an interview instead of a Grand Jury appearance.

I believe he agreed to be interviewed by Muller after I wrote about the Grand Jury. If not i had not yet seen that he agreed to do that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next