Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Super Bowl teams
Quote | Reply
Alright we're down to four...who do you WANT to see? Who do you EXPECT to see?

For some reason I think 31 fanbases are picking the Jags, but I do wonder if some fans want to see the Pats just as an Evil Empire type opponent in the big game. Plus the Jags are fairly non-descript with very few household names (is Fournette household at this point?).

Then I feel like the Vikings will be the most popular in the NFC just because of last night, and everyone is gonna pick Minnesota over Philly, and the hometown angle.

Me, I WANT to see Vikings-Patriots, and that's what I expect to see too. As a Pats fan the Jags worry me--as much for Brady's health as anything--but I don't htikn they have the offense to match whatever Brady and Co can do against Jax. And I just think Minnesota is a more complete team, if Wentz were healthy I'd probably flip this but with Foles at QB I just don't see Philly moving the ball much against this great defense.

What say you?
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl teams [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since my team ceased to be relevant around week 1 (of 2014), I am pulling for a Bortles/Foles Superbowl match up. Just so the talking heads on TV and radio explode everyday in the two weeks leading up to the game.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who's team was recently doomed to two more years of mediocrity with the re-signing of Marvin Lewis, I would like to see jaguars and Vikings. I expect to see patriots and Vikings.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it'd be pretty sweet to watch the Dodgers play the Leafs

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see Eagles-Patriots, though as a Steelers fan I'd love to see the Jags smack the Pats around next weekend. They play the kind of football I wish my team was capable of. But the disappointment of a Patriot's Super Bowl loss would sting more, so I hope they make it just to lose the biggest game on the biggest stage.

I'm an Eagles fan by hometown proximity, so when Pitt is no longer in the picture those are my guys.

I think they pull it out at home vs Minnesota, as does New England, but honestly I could see both games going either way.

Notably, New England is the only remaining team to have put a smack down on their opponent from the opening whistle (Tennessee's opening drive notwithstanding), while the other three had competitive games, two of which being decided in the final two minutes.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jan 15, 18 7:07
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl teams [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t take another SB loss to the Patriots so depending who wins the first game I may be torn in the second.

I’m pulling for Jags / Eagles SB ! Long shot but what I’d like to see.

Did Collingsworth say he was doing the SB ?

If he is it will be brutal if Brady is playing.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Jan 15, 18 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl teams [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Did Collingsworth say he was doing the SB ?

If he is it will be brutal if Brady is playing.

Yes, and Tirico will not be involved as he will be in South Korea tuning up for the Olympics which start the following weekend.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first choice is Jags & Vikings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like Eagles - Pats and Pats win.
I think the Jags are going to be a problem for the pats and they will take it.
I think the Vikings will prevail against the Eagles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'd like to see Vikings vs. Jags.

Jags because I want to see Brady get beat down by a good defense and it would be far more embarrassing for them to lose to the Jags than to the Vikes or Iggles in the SB. Vikings because I think it will be a better SB with them in there than with a Foles led Iggles team. Which sucks, because is Wentz was still in, I think it would have been cool to see them go all the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl teams [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pats lost to the Dolphins this year. So, regardless of Sunday's game, they've already had a very embarrassing game. Losing to this year's Jags is not embarrassing. They're a good football team with the elements to beat the Pats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I wanted was a rematch of Pats Falcons, since as far as I can tell there's only been one other occasion when two teams played each other in consecutive Super Bowls. But since that ain't happening I'm hoping for Pats Eagles, mainly to avoid all the drama that will undoubtedly arise from a team playing the SB in their own stadium. But what I expect is Pats Vikings.
Quote Reply