Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paul Manafort Sues Special Counsel Robert Mueller and FBI Bubba Rod Rosenstein
Quote | Reply
Manafort's claiming the Special Council's (Robert Mueller's) charter -- given to him by Rosenstein -- is overbroad and he's gone even beyond those limits.

I have to confess, I don't like the special council tack, mostly because the ones appointed over the years have always gone off the reservation and well beyond their charters. Starr did it. Fitzgerald did it. Walsh did it. Mueller may be doing it, egged on by his buddy Jim Comey and much of the spittle-flecked, foamy-mouthed far left, which -- despite all reason to the contrary -- somehow thinks it has a chance to prematurely eject Donny Two-Scoops from the Oval Office.

So far, they don't have jack sheeite in terms of actual criminal wrongdoing by that guy from the Manhattan real estate world, and I'm not even sure they could kangaroo-court so-called "high crimes and misdemeanors" out of anything as yet revealed.

Impeachment, which is mostly a political thing in our nation's history, ain't happening, in other words. And even if it did, and a bill of attainder was passed out of the House in 2019 (assuming the Dems retake that body, because they have almost no shot at retaking the Senate this time around, not with having to defend so many seats, and in states the Orange-Haired Wonder won handily, and the 'Pubs having to defend so relatively few), good luck getting 66 votes in the Senate to convict. Like I said: Ain't happening, and the 'Pubs know they'd destroy their own party if they participated in the fun and games as the party in power.

We already have a mechanism for getting rid of someone in the Oval Office we don't like. It's called "an election." And 2020's right around the corner, too.

At any rate, I'm actually glad to see Manafort -- who's crooked as lightning, in my opinion -- do it. Mainly because I think it's basically unconstitutional to appoint a special council (prosecutor) to investigate almost anyone for literally anything, as is his wont.

Perhaps this is like the rabbit that manages to bite into the predator owl's leg in a last great act of defiance before it gives in, but the one thing Paulie the Fixer has going for him is he's got millions and can afford to pay for some primo legal talent, something neither Drunken Idiot George Papadopolous nor Wannabe Millionaire EuroFixer Mike Flynn had going for them. Both gave in at the last because they ran out of money, from what sources say. And that's how the government usually gets you in cases like this. They wear you down on a resources-against-resources basis.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Paul Manafort Sues Special Counsel Robert Mueller and FBI Bubba Rod Rosenstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Paul Manafort Sues Special Counsel Robert Mueller and FBI Bubba Rod Rosenstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They say the best defense is to go on the offense. But it also seems like a move of desperation on Manfort's part, but I'm certainly no legal expert on this.
Quote Reply