Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Baker Mayfield
Quote | Reply
First quarter, he sort of gives a throat slash move and mouths "it's over".

Hope that humble pie taste really good this morning
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that why the Georgia player yelled at him to be humble after the game?
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Yes. He was yelling "humble yourself".

On the other side, I do wanna give credit to Baker Mayfield. He is an amazing quarterback/athlete. After the game, he said he tried to find Jake Fromm to congratulate him on his quarterback performance as a true freshman. I thought that was a pretty classy thing to do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Yes. He was yelling "humble yourself".

On the other side, I do wanna give credit to Baker Mayfield. He is an amazing quarterback/athlete. After the game, he said he tried to find Jake Fromm to congratulate him on his quarterback performance as a true freshman. I thought that was a pretty classy thing to do

He was sort of looking for Fromm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so very happy he lost. Didn't we have enough of this behavior with Manziel? Just loving that he couldn't get it done in the OT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
First quarter, he sort of gives a throat slash move and mouths "it's over".

Hope that humble pie taste really good this morning

Bakey Football is a douche, no question. But, he is a baller. The loss last night was on Lincoln Riley, not Bakey Football. Riley got a 17 point lead on the arm and legs of Bakey Football, then played scared the rest of the game. Horrible play calling doomed OU from the end of the first half through the end of the game.

That said, are you gonna bet your NFL franchise on this guy?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
eye3md wrote:

No - I don't think he will translate well to the pros - see my Manziel post above. Of course..I may be completely wrong..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
eye3md wrote:

My Browns will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Bakey Football is a douche, no question. But, he is a baller. The loss last night was on Lincoln Riley, not Bakey Football. Riley got a 17 point lead on the arm and legs of Bakey Football, then played scared the rest of the game. Horrible play calling doomed OU from the end of the first half through the end of the game.

The play calling was horrible! Most people had a second round grade on Baker and I'd take a chance on him there. The QB's who play from the gun rarely transition well to the NFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Never underestimate the Browns :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

No. He's undersized, and really only throws well (so far) to receivers who are already open. He doesn't throw well into tight coverage, and he doesn't throw open his receivers, which are things he'd need to do in the NFL.

Plus he's a douche.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
JSA wrote:
eye3md wrote:

My Browns will.

Hell yeah! We’ll chew him up and spit him out onto some team’s practice squad in no time.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't watch a lot of football games, but I sure am glad I watched the Rose Bowl game yesterday almost from start to finish.

That was by far one of the most entertaining football games I've ever watched. Non-stop back-and-forth action by both teams. The final score would indicate it was an offensive blow-out by both teams, but there were extraordinary defensive plays by both teams as well.

There were extraordinary and abrupt changes in direction and momentum.

In short, it was highly entertaining.

And that was just the regular-time action - then it was into unprecedented and historic never-before-territory for the Rose Bowl with Over-Time action!

It's highly unlikely the true Championship Game could top what the Rose Bowl was!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

No. He's undersized, and really only throws well (so far) to receivers who are already open. He doesn't throw well into tight coverage, and he doesn't throw open his receivers, which are things he'd need to do in the NFL.

Plus he's a douche.

It's a quarterback desperate league. If you need a QB what do you do? He won't make it out of the second round of the draft.
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the refs stayed out of it, for the most part, and let them play. As it should be!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My family was getting quite sick and tired of the ESPN Commentator/ referring the entire games as if it was all about Baker Mayfield. I'd be curious how many references were made to Baker vs Fromm vs OU.

I mean shit, OU played really well in the first half but all the commentary was Baker, Baker, Baker.
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree. I thought last year's Rose Bowl game (USC vs PSU) was great but the one this year was so freakin good.
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baker Mayfield deserves to be relegated to the Browns. The Browns fans do not deserve Baker Mayfield... They deserve a real NFL ready QB with an offensive line to give him a chance.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Plus he's a douche.

It's a quarterback desperate league. If you need a QB what do you do? He won't make it out of the second round of the draft.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure he'll be drafted, probably first round. I just wouldn't want my team to take him, and I wouldn't bet my franchise on him.

One of the sports radio ESPN guys today said that Baker Mayfield is one of the top 10 college football players of all time. I almost drove off the road.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Baker Mayfield [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Plus he's a douche.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure he'll be drafted, probably first round. I just wouldn't want my team to take him, and I wouldn't bet my franchise on him.

One of the sports radio ESPN guys today said that Baker Mayfield is one of the top 10 college football players of all time. I almost drove off the road.

I've heard he could be taken anywhere from 13th to 24th, in the draft
Quote Reply