Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

purchasing handguns online - anyone?
Quote | Reply
For those with experience purchasing handguns, do you have a recommended online store, or do you buy from a local dealer?

I’m about to get a Glock 21 and have found it for $100-$150 less online (glockstore.com, budsgunshop.com) than at bass pro shops & field and stream & a local range.

I read that it has to be shipped to a FFL location, not to me, though. Do local dealers care?

Any advice? Thanks.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: purchasing handguns online - anyone? [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used Gunbroker a few times.

Yes, you have to send it to an FFL Dealer. You need to check the transfer fees because sometimes you do not save money. When you have it sent to the FFL Dealer, you have to pay a transfer fee and you have to pay for the background check. The background check is usually $15. The transfer fee can be anywhere from $25-50 for handguns. So, check in advance.

I have a local guy who charges $15 for the background check and $15 for the transfer. However, he decided to let his license lapse and get out of the business. So, I used Gander Mountain. They were $15 and $25 (I think). Now, I have another local guy who is $15/15.

Also keep in mind you have to have firearms shipped express mail. Usually you pay around $25 for this. So, you could be looking at $25 for shipping, $15 for background, and $25 for transfer. That all adds up.

You will still likely save money shopping online, but factor in these fees.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use this site to find an FFL Dealer near you:

https://www.gunbroker.com/c/user/dealernetwork/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought a lot of guns online and had them shipped to a local FFL. Call around and check prices first. Some shops are cool and others charge easily twice as much as the next guy. I found one with a range and I would shoot (giving them business) while they ran the background check.
Quote Reply
Re: purchasing handguns online - anyone? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh. I knew there would be shipping but not the Xfr fee. I’ll check the FFL link and call around tomorrow.

Thanks for the good info.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Huh. I knew there would be shipping but not the Xfr fee. I’ll check the FFL link and call around tomorrow.

Not sure about Glockstore, but I believe Bud's guns all ship free. Free is good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buds is good, grabgun, 1800gunsand ammo, just got a vp9 from them. Every state is different, Nevada, I pay sales tax, including on the shipping at the FFL, plus $20 transfer fee, no charge for background check because I have a ccw, otherwise add $25 more.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ordered from Summit Gun Broker and AIM surplus before. I have also done some private transactions on some forums as well. ALL firearms have to go to an FFL. I have a kitchen table dealer/FFL in my neighborhood that I get stuff sent to, and he charges 20 bucks per transfer. The brick and mortar stores in my area charge right around 50 for the transfer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bud's is a solid site. When you check-out, they have a pull down menu for FFL's and their addresses that are registered with their site and in your area.

Just email the FFL and let them know to expect the firearm, and expected delivery date. Super simple...

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: purchasing handguns online - anyone? [llewis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
llewis wrote:
ttocsmi wrote:

Not sure about Glockstore, but I believe Bud's guns all ship free. Free is good!

I saw that! Glockstore is flat rate $40.

Quote Reply
Re: purchasing handguns online - anyone? [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info.

Grabagun currently has the lowest price, $593 with shipping.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk to me about .45 target ammo, please. Brands, websites, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use garbage ammo at the range - often remanufactured. Only thing I care about is brass casings. Don't get burned on the shipping costs. The cheapest per round is not always the cheapest if you have to pay for shipping.

Use this: http://gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/45acp/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, that was pretty cool.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://ammoseek.com

another search engine