Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout?
Quote | Reply
What are the three top metrics or measurements by which you monitor in real time how your swim, bike, run workouts are going? I would like to be more consistent and focused.
For swim sometimes I use heart rate zone, pace, etc.
For bike sometimes I use heart rate zone, rpm, power in watts, cadence, %FTP, speed, etc.
For run sometimes I use heart rate zone, pace, power in watts, cadence, speed, etc.
I am in information overload.
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [smhen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have made a grievous error. Hear that sound of thunder? That's the hooves of a mounted moose racing to this post to rain down fire and brimstone.
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [smhen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smhen wrote:
What are the three top metrics or measurements by which you monitor in real time how your swim, bike, run workouts are going? I would like to be more consistent and focused.
For swim sometimes I use heart rate zone, pace, etc.
For bike sometimes I use heart rate zone, rpm, power in watts, cadence, %FTP, speed, etc.
For run sometimes I use heart rate zone, pace, power in watts, cadence, speed, etc.
I am in information overload.

Run... for the hills. I hear moose tracks, and not the ice cream.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's nice see new posts in the Lavender room, wtf is a heart rate zone again? BLeP will be over soon to correct the error in your ways...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll give it to you straight, LR style: take this shit to the main forum :-)
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
I'll give it to you straight, LR style: take this shit to the main forum :-)

+1

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank length is really the only thing you need to monitor. You'll find that if you keep a close eye on crank length, all the other metrics will fall into place.
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Crank length is really the only thing you need to monitor. You'll find that if you keep a close eye on crank length, all the other metrics will fall into place.

Yep, along with CdA.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are really stooping low now, using training jargon to distract from Trump. We’re on to you.
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smhen wrote:
?

Look at the topics of the other threads in the Lavender Room and notice that none relate to triathlon. You posted it in the wrong part of Slowtwitch. It is a standing joke by one of the members to say "take this shit to the tri forum".
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
smhen wrote:
?

Look at the topics of the other threads in the Lavender Room and notice that none relate to triathlon. You posted it in the wrong part of Slowtwitch. It is a standing joke by one of the members to say "take this shit to the tri forum".
He has a total of 10 posts, 2 of which are in this thread. He's most likely hawking something.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hawking loogies...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: what real time metrics do you prefer during a workout? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

LOL. You are unable to read and comprehend. Have you not seen the data?

I will have to be Frank with you, pedal speed is primo.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply