Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program
Quote | Reply
The Detroit Lie-Downs suck and their head coach, Jim Caldwell, needs to be fired. And their owners, the Ford family, need to have their franchise taken away from them, because they're pathetic losers as well.

That is all.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/12/24/rogers-lions-need-escape-middle-class-fire-jim-caldwell/108911168/

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Them and the Maple Leafs. Now you know how we feel.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 53 years old and I don't think I'll live long enough to see the Lions make a Super Bowl....and I have longevity in my family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was on the fence about firing Caldwell, He has his ups and downs. But this loss excusable, Why you don't challenge that pass at the end. Yeah you probably would have lost.. BUT IT WAS YOUR ONLY HOPE, and in this league of who the hell knows what a completion is it costs you nothing.. you need to challenge it.

Of course after you fire him.. who the hell do you put in... I think you try and get Harbaugh, he can still live in AA where he wants to be, but get back to coaching at a level I think he can coach.

The Lions seem to be in a better place than they have been (of course you could say Caldwell has gotten a lot out of this team). The off season, once again will be an interesting one.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
I'm 53 years old and I don't think I'll live long enough to see the Lions make a Super Bowl....and I have longevity in my family.

57 years old here. I'm gonna die long before the Lie-Downs win a Super Bowl, let alone make it to one. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Go Pound Sand wrote:

57 years old here. I'm gonna die long before the Lie-Downs win a Super Bowl, let alone make it to one. ;-)

As a 53 year old Astros fan, it can happen so I just wanted you to feel like there is still a chance it will happen in your lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Go Pound Sand wrote:

As a 53 year old Astros fan, it can happen so I just wanted you to feel like there is still a chance it will happen in your lifetime.

Hahahahaha! Thanks for the reassurance, buddy! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT'S AWESOME ^^^^ :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that JIm Harbaugh is the answer to the Lion's coaching problems. Hahahaha. Just kidding. There is no answer as long as the Ford family owns the team.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Detroit Lions Continue on 60-Year Rebuilding Program [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I believe that JIm Harbaugh is the answer to the Lion's coaching problems. Hahahaha. Just kidding. There is no answer as long as the Ford family owns the team.

You just hit the nail on the head. If you change every single facet of the operation, numerous times, over the decades, and you still have a sad sack, middle-of-the-pack-at-best, team then the problem is YOU. The Fords gotta go.

Quote Reply