Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gas $1.77 p/Gal
Quote | Reply
I am a die hard Costco gas promoter, however a local grocery store gives you discounts on local gas each month and my reward is $.40 off each gallon @ $1.77 x 20 gallon tank. Considering I drive a V8 I may revise my fueling strategy....

Few months ago I was paying $3+ in California, mind boggling how much the cost of gas fluctuates in the US with the cost of living.

Merry Xmas to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Gas $1.77 p/Gal [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are paying the equivalent of $4.68/gallon here in B.C., Canada. They just raised the price 6 cents/litre (22.7 cents/gal) the other day, just in time for Christmas travel. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
I am a die hard Costco gas promoter, however a local grocery store gives you discounts on local gas each month and my reward is $.40 off each gallon @ $1.77 x 20 gallon tank. Considering I drive a V8 I may revise my fueling strategy....

Few months ago I was paying $3+ in California, mind boggling how much the cost of gas fluctuates in the US with the cost of living.

Merry Xmas to me!

In CA the cost is primarily taxes, special blends (due to environmental regulations) and compliance costs (environmental) at the retail level.

For example the total tax on a gallon of gas in CA (excise tax + underground storage tank fee + sales tax) is 58.3 cents.

Profit for the retail seller of gas is anywhere from 4 to 12 cents per gallon.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:

Merry Xmas to me!

Best place to see price of gas across the country.
gasbuddy

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply