Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Mixing with tonic? I'd get your favorite flavor of Absolut. It's cheap and tastes great. Don't waste your money on "high quality" vodkas if you are mixing.

I hadn't heard of Tito's a year ago. Now it's all anyone ever orders. Seems to be the hipster vodka at the moment.

You’re about 5 Years late to the Tito’s hipster party
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An Austin-area buddy swears that Dripping Springs is even better than Tito's.

I haven't tried it yet but he's always been a reliable source when it comes to liquor and beer recommendations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://liquorama.net/...YEAkYBSABEgKLEfD_BwE

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
http://liquorama.net/trump-premium-vodka-1-75ml.html?vfsku=13716&vfsku=13716&gpla=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn9voj8Wh2AIVELvsCh3H-wWYEAkYBSABEgKLEfD_BwE
I am still sitting on my winnings from POTUS wager!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
for vodka tonic? Had a few of those at a Christmas party last week and have been craving it ever since.

IMHO - Absolut vodka without question. Made in Sweden and considered over there as a cure for almost every ailment known to man. Years ago when a young guy in my 20's I caught a flu the night before a big date with a gorgeous Japanese/Canadian girl. My Swedish friend told me to get loaded on Absolut and orange juice the night before and guaranteed me I'd be fine for the date. He was right. Its the only vodka I've ever drank since. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bison Grass vodka is awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Bison Grass vodka is awesome

i had forgotten all about that one!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
My understanding is that Grey Goose and Kirkland are made using almost identical techniques and it's hard to tell them apart. Another vote here for Belvedere too, but it's hard to go wrong with any of these.

Kirkland apparently bought a Grey Goose distillery with all the equipment. They use the same ingredients and follow the same processes. Grey Goose is probably the vodka I drink the most, and I couldn't believe how close Kirkland tasted to Grey Goose. I don't live anywhere near a Costco though, so can't get Kirkland very often. For the difference in taste, the price more than makes up for it.

Does Costco deliver?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well they do online... maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
An Austin-area buddy swears that Dripping Springs is even better than Tito's.

I haven't tried it yet but he's always been a reliable source when it comes to liquor and beer recommendations.

Austin area has quite a few local vodkas. I used to drink Dripping Springs an my go-to, but have now moved to Deep Eddy vodka (another local distillery). It is same price as Costco Kirkland brand also, so pretty affordable.

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deep Eddy's buys ethanol from ADM then distills it t their liking. I believe Tito's starts with grains, but could be mistaken.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
Deep Eddy's buys ethanol from ADM then distills it t their liking. I believe Tito's starts with grains, but could be mistaken.

If you find a source for this, please let me know. I've tried to google-fu it, but come up empty handed.

Their website says their vodka is distilled from corn, but I guess they don't specifically say that they mash their own grain for the first distillation.

I still like it though. Tastes good to me.

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a vodka? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spent 5 hours in a car with one of the founders on our way to a MTB race. At a minimum they bring in trucks of ethanol in for their flavored vodkas, I would assume for their plain vodka as well. They get trucks from ADM and distill it however many times then dilute with the local mineral rich ATX water.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply

Prev Next