Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm in the wrong business
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in the wrong business [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure? After people get stoned & drunk they fall. Some has to tweak those back sprains.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing how they can quantify use of a drug that is almost entirely commerced on the black market.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadians clearly don't drink enough wine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42416763
A retired anesthesiologist friend that I hike my dogs with. Told me he loaned his son last January $1 million dollars to buy a license to sale pot in Fort Collins. The other day he told me his son is netting about $200k a MONTH!. He claims his son is a small time dealer.

When they figure out the permits and zoning stuff in Ca. it will be by far the #1 legal cash crop!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in the wrong business [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And doesn't need nearly the amount of water of vegetable crops. World hunger? Fuck that, let's get stoned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever since it went legal in my state, every single tax revenue milestone has vastly exceeded projections, with more dispensaries continuing to sprout up everywhere like weeds (oh yes, I did). I know a handful of folks already who've quit respectable mainstream jobs (architect, lawyer, municipal stormwater tech, and office equipment/supply rep) to get into the pot biz. Everyone keeps saying the market has gotta be reaching a saturation point soon, but evidently there's still enough unmet demand that the weaker ventures have yet to start getting weeded out (OK, I'll quit now).
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in the wrong business [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
And doesn't need nearly the amount of water of vegetable crops. World hunger? Fuck that, let's get stoned.

Good time to be a farmer a cash crop of pot and people getting the munchies so more food crops too:-D

Idiocracy we are coming at you at full speed!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in the wrong business [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice potted summary there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42416763

A retired anesthesiologist friend that I hike my dogs with. Told me he loaned his son last January $1 million dollars to buy a license to sale pot in Fort Collins. The other day he told me his son is netting about $200k a MONTH!. He claims his son is a small time dealer.

When they figure out the permits and zoning stuff in Ca. it will be by far the #1 legal cash crop!

I know someone who owns one of the first dispensaries here in town. He's doing very, very well and the numbers your son's friend mentioned doesn't surprise me one bit. All cash.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marijuana is the opiate of the masses. Well besides opiates that is .

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I'm in the wrong business [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that it's (sorta) out in the open, it's really enlightening to see how the stereotype of Jim from Taxi that some people still can't seem to get past is only a limited segment of the market. I hear comments here that still project the image of the burned-out loser as representing all users, but that's mostly because the problem users are the ones who are most obvious about it (whether they can't help themselves anymore or don't care to try) so those are the ones who keep getting noticed because what the 'straight' folks expect to see and look for; it's classic confirmation bias. I know plenty of other highly-successful managers of large organizations who enjoy a little here & there like a nice bottle of wine once in awhile, or other older folks who use lower-dose/less psychoactive forms of it for relief of chronic joint pain, etc, but they simply don't advertise it so it stays under the common radar.

Lumping all users into one big 'stoner' pot is about like lumping all pain relievers together and failing to make any distinction between a opiod junkie and a triathlete who pops a couple ibuprofen when her knee acts up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Now that it's (sorta) out in the open, it's really enlightening to see how the stereotype of Jim from Taxi that some people still can't seem to get past is only a limited segment of the market. I hear comments here that still project the image of the burned-out loser as representing all users, but that's mostly because the problem users are the ones who are most obvious about it (whether they can't help themselves anymore or don't care to try) so those are the ones who keep getting noticed because what the 'straight' folks expect to see and look for; it's classic confirmation bias. I know plenty of other highly-successful managers of large organizations who enjoy a little here & there like a nice bottle of wine once in awhile, or other older folks who use lower-dose/less psychoactive forms of it for relief of chronic joint pain, etc, but they simply don't advertise it so it stays under the common radar.

Lumping all users into one big 'stoner' pot is about like lumping all pain relievers together and failing to make any distinction between a opiod junkie and a triathlete who pops a couple ibuprofen when her knee acts up.

That's just the way it is, some have been so brainwashed that they can't grasp that weed is a multi multi billion dollar a year industry, the burn out certainly isn't spending that kind of money so who is? They can't understand that the vast, vast majority of users are normal get up and go to work types just like them.
Quote Reply