Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of...
Quote | Reply
Sexual harassment! Can you believe it? ;-)

"A female Democrat running for Congress in Kansas is dropping out of the race after allegations of sexual assault stemming from a 2005 lawsuit resurfaced during a recent interview. Mother-of-two Andrea Ramsey was asked by the Kansas City Star about a lawsuit regarding accusations of sexually harassing and retaliating against a male subordinate, Gary Funkhouser, who said he rejected her sexual advances in 2005. Court Documents show that Funkhouser and LabOne, a company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources, agreed to dismiss the case after mediation in 2006, according to the Star."

The Revolution rolls on. And on. And on. And on...

Kansas Democrat drops out of race over sex harassment suit | Daily Mail Online

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sure this isn't an old script from Curb your Enthusiasm? Funkhouser, love that guy!!
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
You sure this isn't an old script from Curb your Enthusiasm? Funkhouser, love that guy!!

Hahahahahaha! It might well be. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to love the Democrats new Zero Tolerance policy. Guilty or not, just an accusation is enough for them to pull support from their candidate.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Got to love the Democrats new Zero Tolerance policy. Guilty or not, just an accusation is enough for them to pull support from their candidate.

It’s so they can claim the “moral high ground”. They think it’s going to bolster their effort to purge Trump.

I guess the Russia collusion thing is falling apart so time for plan B.

I wish that their plan was more along the lines of fielding good candidates and fighting the fight in the arena of ideas. It would be so easy considering their competition.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:

Yeah, this is getting crazy stupid. But like I've said, the Revolution eventually eats its own almost every time.

Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I wish that their plan was more along the lines of fielding good candidates and fighting the fight in the arena of ideas. It would be so easy considering their competition.

Are you saying one side of the political spectrum is doing this?

I agree. It would be nice to get back to intelligent discourse and sound ideas.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Dec 16, 17 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Nobody really is focusing on issues.

Although Trump is certainly powering forward with his agenda. I would like to see the opposing party put forth an opposing agenda rather than just trying to scandalize Trump out of office.

While everyone is screaming about stupid tweets, judges are being appointed and Obama era regulations are being repealed without much buzz at all (except when we have some embarrassing video that we can post on FB).

We are firmly ensconced in the era of petty buyllshit. And while we’re all distracted on Tweets and pussy/titty/butt grabbing all kinds of shit is being done, basically in the dark.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Female Congressional Candidate Drops Out After Being Accused Of... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if that's entirely true. I have seen quite a lot of fairly sensible opposing debate to the tax bill. I just think the sensible debate tends to get diminished by the things you describe. Too much of the "news" on both sides is now just opinion and effectively op-eds. CNN is patently biased, but at least they tend to have people on both sides of the debate on their panels. Some of the daytime Fox stuff I've watched while running on the treadmill at lunch is just a groupthink echo chamber with only a rare dissenting voice.

But certainly if you want news these days you need to look elsewhere...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Nobody really is focusing on issues.
nonsense!

Russian collusion investigation, sexual misconduct and kneeling for the national anthem. You telling me we have more important issues to be concerned about?
Quote Reply