Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer?
Quote | Reply
Disney has just bought fox news. Let the jokes roll...

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it's business as usual at Fox.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Dec 14, 17 19:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

You might want to look at the reports again. Disney is buying most of Fox's assets but Fox broadcast network, Fox News and Fox Business are not part of the deal and will remain with Rupert Murdoch.

What it does mean is The Fantastic Four and The X-Men are now able to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

Was there a second transaction I missed?
Quote Reply
Re: Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im taking the Fox News aproach and not letting facts get in the way of a good story

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. Good save.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean Hannity is pretty much a cartoon anyways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it would be interesting if some big dem doner/supporter would buy fox news etc. Then they change the format to ultra lib etc. Would CNN or someone else fill the Fox void. I'm surprised they haven't done this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With their purchase of Time Warner, I believe this also means that they'll own at least a decent chunk of Sky, and by extension the cycling team...at least if the Chris Froome salbutamol positive doesn't take the team down.

Guffaw wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
it would be interesting if some big dem doner/supporter would buy fox news etc. Then they change the format to ultra lib etc. Would CNN or someone else fill the Fox void. I'm surprised they haven't done this.

How is that surprising? They would have to make an offer that is enough for the shareholders to want to sell. Given that they paid 52.4 billion for about 2/3 of 21st century fox, the Fox News portion could be worth over 25 billion by itself. There’s not exactly a long list of people that can afford it. Also how are you going to make a profit on it? Investors aren’t going to spend 25 billion to run a company to the ground.
Quote Reply
Re: Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

You mean like MSNBC and CNN?

Al Gor tried this in talk radio with Radio America (not sure of the name) and it fizzled.

What would really be nice is a channel with n bias and no talking heads.
Quote Reply
Re: Mickey Mouse now a Trump ball washer? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
What would really be nice is a channel with n bias and no talking heads.

It's not a tv channel, but I like the BBC World News Podcast. Offers decent overview coverage of issues (and not just US news) with what seems like little bias. It doesn't d love very deep, but that's fine for me, I just kind of like a quick overview with what's going on in the world.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When people say they want a station without bias, it really means they want one that they agree with. There are unbiased news sources out there, but the vast majority have never searched them out because...they don't support their own bias.

BBC, Al Jazeera, PBS are 3 examples of pretty good news programs that offer a balanced perspective but they don't have a strong following in the U.S because of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Im taking the Lavender Room approach and not letting facts get in the way of a good story

FIFY

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply