Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jph437 wrote:
When do we expect the chief tweeter to sound off "Roy was a fool, he went against me in XXXX, he didn't listen to me. It is his fault for losing and he should own up to that!! #loser #draintheswamp #maga #hideyourkids"

Nope. The tweeter in chief kept it classy. For once.

Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

Not 100% convinced he authored that message. Perhaps the WH staff have managed to hide his phone from him again.

Oh I am 100% convinced hat he didn’t write that tweet.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jph437 wrote:
When do we expect the chief tweeter to sound off "Roy was a fool, he went against me in XXXX, he didn't listen to me. It is his fault for losing and he should own up to that!! #loser #draintheswamp #maga #hideyourkids"

Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

Not 100% convinced he authored that message. Perhaps the WH staff have managed to hide his phone from him again.

Until Wednesday morning when his narcissism turn a defeat into a victory for himself:

“The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”

If he knew Moore wasn't going to win, why did he endorse him? Why endorse a loser?
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Trump backed the losing candidate in Alabama twice, in one election cycle.

That takes a special skill...

Very shallow analysis.

Perfect storm for Alabama Republicans. But Jones will be gone in a couple years unless he crosses party lines. He better vote for Trump's tax plan if he wants to get re-elected. What is his plan? To be a temporary foil? Or to be a neo-blue dog democrat and be bi-partisan sometimes and have a chance at re-election?

Shallow, but true nonetheless. Well, maybe not the special skill part, but that's pretty much losing with the same biglyness that Trump promised us winning.

I've been wondering about the tax vote implications. Polls have the plan at 35% support. Does it really hold that much benefit for Alabamians, or is it just the perception of going against a GOP-backed tax plan in a crimson red state that is problematic? I honestly don't know if it would be a long term benefit or liability to his constituents, but from what I've read so far, unless there's a healthy number of wealthy GOP donors in Alabama, there isn't much to celebrate in that plan.

These are the interesting political careers to follow, like Manchin in WV. That's a tiny needle to thread, if he can manage it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much winning.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jph437 wrote:

Until Wednesday morning when his narcissism turn a defeat into a victory for himself:

“The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”

If he knew Moore wasn't going to win, why did he endorse him? Why endorse a loser?

Because on Planet Trump, if Moore won it would have been Trump's Midas Touch at work. When he lost, Moore was obviously a weak candidate/faced a rigged/stacked system/<insert excuse here>

It's a no-lose position for Trump in the eyes of his base.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!”

The only deck stacked against Moore was that he couldn't keep his hands off a 14-year old girl.

#MAGA
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The only deck stacked against Moore was that he couldn't keep his hands off a 14-year old girl.

#MAGA

Given it's a state where a Republican is a shoe-in, I'm wondering how the deck was stacked against him? It was just the opposite, which is why it was so close. In most other states he would have probably been crushed.
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that black voter turnout (29%) was equal to Obama's first election in 2008. Has there been another election in any state, at any level since, that has duplicated that feat?

I guess there are many ways to read that. I don't think it bodes well for Trump in 2020, though. He was elected because historically Democratic voters slept while the Deplorables turned out in droves. Since then, his base has contracted to his core 35% (or more accurately, he's distilled it down to 35%) and most everyone else is energized in direct opposition to him.

Alabama voters didn't sleep on Moore last night, that much is certain.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Dec 13, 17 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I guess there are many ways to read that.

Yeah, the clearest way to read it, is that despite all the who-hah about this sort of stuff here, somewhere between about 50 and 75% of the population doesn't give a shit :)
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

#MAGA

Given it's a state where a Republican is a shoe-in, I'm wondering how the deck was stacked against him? It was just the opposite, which is why it was so close. In most other states he would have probably been crushed.

It wasn't stacked against Moore, but it was certainly less stacked in his favor than it normally would have been for a Republican candidate. Somewhat of his own doing, but also somewhat because of how Alabama got to the point where they were having this election.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much winning they're now losing. That a LOT of winning!
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Ol' Roy concede yet or is he still waiting for God to finish recounting the votes?
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Did Ol' Roy concede yet or is he still waiting for God to finish recounting the votes?

He's conceded and has withdrawn from politics to spend more time with someone's kid.
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

He's conceded and has withdrawn from politics to spend more time with someone's kid.

Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

By the way, I can't believe that these words actually came out of Roy Moore's mouth yesterday, referring to his wife after she finished speaking:

"I appreciate her so much and she's been a good mother, and, uh, she has closer contact with kids than I do..."

Dude...

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo71_CK0M4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moore surrogate last night

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/13/bible-talk-with-jake-tapper-leaves-roy-moores-spokesman-speechless/?utm_term=.09e9c5176c55
Last edited by: crowny2: Dec 13, 17 11:01
Quote Reply
Re: Alabama Senate Race - predictions, results and outbursts [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
Moore surrogate last night

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/13/bible-talk-with-jake-tapper-leaves-roy-moores-spokesman-speechless/?utm_term=.09e9c5176c55

The best description of Crockett's reaction I read last night was from Jim Wright on FB... "slow dim bovine blink".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ol' Roy still having problems understand the meaning of "No"..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/13/roy-moore-saying-immorality-sweeps-over-our-land-declines-again-to-concede/

“We have stopped prayer in our schools,” Moore said in his statement. “We have killed over 60 million of our unborn children. We have redefined marriage and destroyed the basis of family, which is the building block of our country. Our borders are not secure. Our economy is faltering under an enormous national debt. We have a huge drug problem. We have even begun to recognize the right of a man to claim to be a woman, and vice versa. We have allowed Judges and justices to rule over our Constitution, and we have become slaves to their tyranny. Immorality sweeps over our land.”

Curiously, no mention of kiddy-creeping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Ol' Roy still having problems understand the meaning of "No"..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/13/roy-moore-saying-immorality-sweeps-over-our-land-declines-again-to-concede/

“We have stopped prayer in our schools,” Moore said in his statement. “We have killed over 60 million of our unborn children. We have redefined marriage and destroyed the basis of family, which is the building block of our country. Our borders are not secure. Our economy is faltering under an enormous national debt. We have a huge drug problem. We have even begun to recognize the right of a man to claim to be a woman, and vice versa. We have allowed Judges and justices to rule over our Constitution, and we have become slaves to their tyranny. Immorality sweeps over our land.”

Curiously, no mention of kiddy-creeping.

Let's see if I can get my first gif post right. Old dogs learning new tricks and such.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next