Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day
Quote | Reply
https://www.thedailybeast.com/...-reporter-ryan-lizza

And for those LR types that live under rocks and didn't know the name Charlie Rose, PLzza is a journalist who regularly appeared on CNN.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew who Charlie Rose was but not this Lizza guy. Never noticed him on CNN. Article says he wrote for the New Yorker which I usually found unreadable.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea who this guy is. But this is where we are at. People can now accuse other people of sexual misconduct, get them fired and not have any details of who they are or what was supposedly done to them come to light.

Isn’t due process great?

There I go, participating in rape culture...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know him even if you don't know him. Remember the Scaramucci interview?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-yorker-severs-ties-with-star-reporter-ryan-lizza

And for those LR types that live under rocks and didn't know the name Charlie Rose, PLzza is a journalist who regularly appeared on CNN.

Heh. I brought Lizza up on the Batali thread. Pretty well-known journalist. He's saying that the New Yorker made a 'terrible mistake' and that he was dating the woman and it was a consensual thing, etc.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Dec 12, 17 5:13
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I have no idea who this guy is. But this is where we are at. People can now accuse other people of sexual misconduct, get them fired and not have any details of who they are or what was supposedly done to them come to light.

Isn’t due process great?

There I go, participating in rape culture...

Wouldn't the "due process" in this case be the employer's responsibility?

How much insight can you get from an employer when someone is fired, for whatever reason?
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Dec 12, 17 5:24
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just seems to me that these men and their careers are on a public trial and we don’t really get any info.

So for his guy, his career is in tatters in a very public way and we have no idea why. Maybe he’s a total sleaze. Maybe she’s making shit up. What we do know is that his career is likely over.

What will stop pissed off women from making shit up and getting people fired in this environment? Where is the recourse for the men?

I think we’ve gone from one extreme to the other. Shirley there’s a happy medium somewhere.

Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It just seems to me that these men and their careers are on a public trial and we don’t really get any info.

So for his guy, his career is in tatters in a very public way and we have no idea why. Maybe he’s a total sleaze. Maybe she’s making shit up. What we do know is that his career is likely over.

What will stop pissed off women from making shit up and getting people fired in this environment? Where is the recourse for the men?

I think we’ve gone from one extreme to the other. Shirley there’s a happy medium somewhere.

I think the way our system works, would be that the wrongly accused person who was fired sues the company that fired him for wrongful termination. I would think most HR departments have experience with this sort of stuff and go to at least some effort to verify.

At least in this case the article posted alludes to the company checking the story out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is what I found when I googled him. But I didn't remember it. I think it is because every day some new craziness comes out connected to Trump and I long ago started tuning it out. Speaking of which I am starting to feel like I am in some kind of propaganda world like Germany in the 30s where people have given up on the truth.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Ryan Pizza, you are the next contestant on Peeps of the Day [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, it would be nice to know what "checking the story out" means. It could just mean that she said it and that they thought it's just easier to get rid of the guy regardless of what the truth is.

Of course, he's claiming innocence. No shock there.

And yes, i am aware that they are under no obligation to let us know how they checked out the story.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
See, it would be nice to know what "checking the story out" means. It could just mean that she said it and that they thought it's just easier to get rid of the guy regardless of what the truth is.

Could be, it would be nice to hear from someone with experience in the area. I know people who have gotten back pay and such for wrongful terminations, but it had nothing to do with being accused of harassment.
Quote Reply