Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does Anyone Else Buy a New Album and the Listen to it on Repeat for Days? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't listen to the whole album over and over (that would be stoopid).

But one song? Yeah. Over and over.

Right now, I'm listening to Bringing Me Down (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbNQrQ4GiM) for the third time tonight. OK, I cheat on the repeats and start it at 4:00
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone Else Buy a New Album and the Listen to it on Repeat for Days? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely - except for a few 45's I've purchased, I don't buy singles. If I hear a song I like, I'll check out the album and give it a few spins. After that, I'll rip it and good songs will go on my house playlist.

However, my preferred method of listening to albums is vinyl or CD (prefer to have a physical copy of the music) with album art and liner notes in front of me. Any of the albums I have that are worth a listen have been enjoyed in this manner at least once.

I will often also but a CD and put it in the car and have that be the only thing I listen to for a week or two. I haven't purchased a ton of new music in the last year but recent car CD's have six new purchases over the last year that have ranged from ok to exceptional.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do only listen to albums purchased and listen to many of them in their entirety while driving. Any song by Clara Hill will play for days on repeat without getting old. Her stuff is tight! Blue Moods by Incognito is another 24/7 album for me.

Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Is there any other way?

I suppose there is — purchasing singles. But that’s only done if a person is buying commercial studio music, not art from real bands who create real, cohesive albums.

You can often get singles & vinyl to support indie artists on Bandcamp, if that's your thing

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next