Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is that doing there? That hurts!
Quote | Reply
I was getting dressed this morning and put on my boxer/briefs which are fairly snug. I felt some immediate discomfort in the crotch area. I pulled them off and discovered a sand spur in the crotch.

I remember walking the dogs (that isn't a metaphor) at my mother-in-law's house over Thanksgiving and had to stop walking along the side of the road after picking 6-8 sand spurs out of the paw of one of my dogs. I'm guessing a sand spur got on my pants and then transferred to my underwear in the washing machine.

Anyone else find something unexpected in their clothes after putting them on?
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not long ago i found an extra sock dangling out of my pantleg. It was hours after i got dressed.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does having a co-worker point out that your polo shirt is inside-out count?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running shorts are full of static, especially if you dont use good dryer sheets. Stuff sticks in them. Two incidents... one time I'm running on the treadmill at the gym, I feel something funny on the back of my thigh, then it hits my calf. I turn around to two women on treamills behind me laughing and my girls panties on the ground behind me! It happened again with a running sock, but i felt it before it fell out and grabbed it myself before I left the locker room... now i shake the shit out of them before folding, and again in the locker room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not after, but was in the process of putting on my running shoes one day in Gainesville and had a black widow spider crawl out of one of them.

No offense to your chosen state of residence, but this is reason #793 I'm glad I don't live in Florida anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a vasectomy this morning. It’s amazing how you’re so used to your own balls being there that you almost forget it...and then suddenly notice nothing but the feeling of them. So now I feel a big ol’ bag of frozen peas and my testies and my father in law won’t leave the house so I can suffer in solitude!
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Not after, but was in the process of putting on my running shoes one day in Gainesville and had a black widow spider crawl out of one of them.

No offense to your chosen state of residence, but this is reason #793 I'm glad I don't live in Florida anymore.

I do tend to shake out the shoes that I keep in the garage as I am a bit worried about black widow and brown recluse spiders.

As to the sand spurs. I hear you - I hate those things. Years ago I was volunteering for IM Florida and was in the men's change tent for T-2. It was a windy day and the guys coming in off the bike were worn out. An elderly gentlemen came in and had a couple dozen sand spurs stuck to his cyclying jersey. I asked him if he crashed and he said that he was so tired from the wind that he stopped and laid down in a ditch to rest. Apparently he laid down in a bunch of sand spurs and was too tired to pick them off his jersey when he got back on his bike.
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Got a vasectomy this morning. It’s amazing how you’re so used to your own balls being there that you almost forget it...and then suddenly notice nothing but the feeling of them. So now I feel a big ol’ bag of frozen peas and my testies and my father in law won’t leave the house so I can suffer in solitude!

What 3rd world country did this? If your balls are missing after a vasectomy, you must have gone to Dr. Nick from The Simpsons...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Should have tipped better... you got a castration not a vasectomy
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
In Reply To:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

What 3rd world country did this? If your balls are missing after a vasectomy, you must have gone to Dr. Nick from The Simpsons...

I had to read that twice because I thought he was missing his balls too (or two). Maybe his doctor was Dr. Lorena Bobbitt and she was giving him more than he asked for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doc said the standard procedure leaves a .1% chance of impregnating someone in the future, balls-off option reduces that to 0%. I looked at how much of a hit to the budget my kids cost me and opted for 0% chance of more of ‘em.

mattbk wrote:
In Reply To:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So do you need to take testosterone or something to combat that? Unfamiliar with the total removal and after care procedures...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Procedure looks something like this, I'm told

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Doc said the standard procedure leaves a .1% chance of impregnating someone in the future, balls-off option reduces that to 0%. I looked at how much of a hit to the budget my kids cost me and opted for 0% chance of more of ‘em.

mattbk wrote:
In Reply To:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

LOL

Does this belong in the Trimming Downstairs thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Admit it - your wife told you to have the doctor take them out and you followed her orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got me. Apparently she wanted to be a new kind of lesbian and everything goes in this society. So here we are.

rick_pcfl wrote:
Admit it - your wife told you to have the doctor take them out and you followed her orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I had it done 6 years ago. If I can offer one piece of advice- take a full 2 weeks off. I was running at 6 days with 2 pairs of under armor boxers- that was a mistake

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I had it done 6 years ago. If I can offer one piece of advice- take a full 2 weeks off. I was running at 6 days with 2 pairs of under armor boxers- that was a mistake[/quot

I had mine 25 yrs ago and was good to go a day later. Sad to hear how much surgery has regressed.
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Not long ago i found an extra sock dangling out of my pantleg. It was hours after i got dressed.

LOL.

So today I went cross-country skiing for the first time in over ten years (last time was on a business trip in Wisconsin). I got hot and took off my balaclava (which I was wearing rolled up as a hat), and stuffed it in the armpit of my windbreaker (a cycling garment really -- just shut up BleP). When I was getting in the car (drove to a golf course to ski), the balaclava was nowhere to be found. I patted everywhere and could not find it. I figured it made it's way out of the armpit and fell out the loose waistband of the windbreaker. I was bummed but figured I'd go for a run tomorrow (shut up BleP) and look for it.

When I got home I took off the windbreaker and it fell out of the sleeve. I was happy.

Secretly, I hope that Dev sees this post (shut up BleP).

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: What is that doing there? That hurts! [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, that’s not what I was hoping to hear. I was hoping to be back to strength training in 4 days, rowing again in 5. But it’s still really tender even with compression shorts on today, to the point that I couldn’t even really consider going for a walk or running out for an errand.

lunchbox wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I had it done 6 years ago. If I can offer one piece of advice- take a full 2 weeks off. I was running at 6 days with 2 pairs of under armor boxers- that was a mistake
Quote Reply