Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

About that Logan Act...
Quote | Reply
Some law profs think it should be in play, and very well might be in Mueller's arsenal.

https://www.nytimes.com/...flynn-logan-act.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: About that Logan Act... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your jails would be full of politicians if the US actually enforce that law.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear Trump is terrified Meuller will use the Logan Act on him.
He's already alerted the Secret Service that Meuller may send a Canadian with sideburns and claws to attack him.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Some law profs think it should be in play, and very well might be in Mueller's arsenal.

Two things. First, I'd rather listen to a practicing (reality) lawyer. So do you have anything from Alan Dershowitz? Two, Mueller's arsenal apparently includes jay walking and loitering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought a lot of legal/Constitutional scholar types say the Logan Act doesn’t pass constructional muster?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: About that Logan Act... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
klehner wrote:

Two things. First, I'd rather listen to a practicing (reality) lawyer. So do you have anything from Alan Dershowitz? Two, Mueller's arsenal apparently includes jay walking and loitering.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: About that Logan Act... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
klehner wrote:

They should put Dershoswitz on The View.

It would be almost worth watching - just to see the cast's shock and horror run over their heavily made up faces, as a fellow Democrat explains reality.
Last edited by: getcereal: Dec 4, 17 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: About that Logan Act... [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
I thought a lot of legal/Constitutional scholar types say the Logan Act doesn’t pass constructional muster?

I don't know what "constructional muster" means, but the article references a Supreme Court case that cited the Logan Act. They seem to think it was worth mentioning.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Seems a bit of a stretch.

If LBJ didn't go after Nixon over Cambodia, I can't see Mueller going after Flynn with the Logan Act.

Of course, times have changed ...
Quote Reply
Re: About that Logan Act... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:

Seems a bit of a stretch.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply