Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: NFL week 12 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Good hit by Smith-Schuster--that's just good hard football and Vontaze had a lot of negative karma points to recoup. Now Smith-Schuster standing over Vontaze was not cool at all.

/r

Looks like the NFL doesnt agree with your assessment of the hit. One game suspension.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Personally I thought he should've been handed an automatic 1 game vacation + 1 for every game his opponent misses due to the concussion.
I don't think you can add that element to suspensions. One supremely dirty, dangerous hit might not lead to injury while a borderline hit leads to a season-ending ACL injury. Who's to say the team doesn't leave the player inactive to keep a star player like Gronk on the sidelines?

The tit-for-tat of suspensions would never work. 1 game was fine, 2 would've been borderline and certainly knocked back on appeal. The problem is the NFL has such a weak precedence on suspending players for dirty, dangerous hits, unless they wholesale change their policies on these suspensions in the offseason and let everyone know (which I'd be in support of) they can't just slap multiple games on something like this, because they didn't4 warrant multiple games in the past, hell ten years ago this wouldn't have even resulted in a suspension.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: NFL week 12 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That just wouldn't be consistent with other penalties given so far. I can see a point given the dangerous hit and the NFL may reassess penalties.
Only Haynesworth (5 games) and Suh (2 games) got more than a game suspension for a on-field hits/stomping/etc and they already both had a history of this. And neither were ever apologetic after. Given Gronk's history and his immediate apology, 1 game suspension is consistent with current penalties.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [Dirty Bottles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sighhh... Vikings fans never learn. :)

Dirty Bottles wrote:
Runningwithbees wrote:
Man I am trying so hard not to get too high on this team. Going into the bye I thought we would be lucky to go 3-2 through the 5 game stretch after that was:

@Was, vs. Rams, @Detroit on 4 days rest, @Atl, and @Car.

Now I think I would be surprised if we lost to the Panthers although I could see a let down happen sometime soon. That's a lot of big games to play in a row.

Keenum is playing great and has played better since Teddy came back. Zimmer's defense held the Rams and Falcons to a combined 16 points.

Absolutely incredible season. I am waiting for the inevitable implosion.

No implosion - this year we exercise ALL our demons. Assuming first round bye...

- Beat Falcons to avenge 98 NFC championship loss
- Beat Saints to avenge 2010 NFC championship loss
- Beat Steelers in the super bowl to avenge 1975 super bowl loss

:)
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

First team to lose five Super Bowls?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st team to lose 4 Super Bowls and 1 Superb Owl.

Alvin Tostig wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

First team to lose five Super Bowls?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a Broncos fan and this is the worst season they have had in the teams history. I'm hoping they lose out and I think it's a very real possibility. I don't know if you can fire the head coach after one year but he's made some unforgivable decisions. How do you continue letting someone with six fumbles return punts?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 12 [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I'm a Broncos fan and this is the worst season they have had in the teams history. I'm hoping they lose out and I think it's a very real possibility. I don't know if you can fire the head coach after one year but he's made some unforgivable decisions. How do you continue letting someone with six fumbles return punts?
I remember seeing last year--and being totally floored--that the Broncos have had an insanely good stretch of basically 40 years. Dating back to 1977 they've been to the playoffs 22 times, been to eight Super Bowls and won three of them. That's not quite the best stretch since then, but their floor makes up for it: just five losing seasons in that stretch and only two truly bad seasons (4 wins or fewer), and incredibly ZERO back-to-back losing seasons.

So I don't feel bad for the Broncos and their fans, tbh. No one is EVER gonna have sympathy for my Patriots, for good reason, but I don't know if people realize how great it's been to be a Broncos fan for a long, long stretch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next