Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any of you campers use a tent heater ?
Quote | Reply
Looking at tent heaters for a gift for FIL. He had a outdoor heater at their old house for winter cigars. No room at new place on patio for one so I was asked to find a small one he could easily store. So far my google skill found
https://www.homedepot.com/...er-F232000/205527178 and there's a slightly bigger version that puts out twice the heat

Curious if anyone has a recommendation on something like this ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a little heater to use on a deck?
Cause the use in a tent is different (CO poisoning, melting, safety, etc).

These sure look nice to me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winter camping isn't my thing but you could try searching the forum at Wintertrekking.com

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So a little heater to use on a deck?
Cause the use in a tent is different (CO poisoning, melting, safety, etc).

It is for a deck. The tent heater idea came up because of the auto shut off if it tips over.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found it referenced on there at least.

Thanks

Last edited by: Leddy: Dec 1, 17 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a wood stove for a floorless tent, but am not familiar with the little gas powered heaters. I would think an open air environment would be tough for any small heater though, especially if there's any wind. Perhaps a down coat instead???
Last edited by: 307trout: Dec 1, 17 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get heated jackets.

We have a small propane heater for our tent. Not sure it would do much good in an open air setting though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That buddy heater you linked works well. My in-laws had an old travel trailer, none of the systems in that trailer worked very well so they just ran a line from the buddy heater to a propane tank outside the trailer and used that for heat, it heated the whole trailer pretty well. It was the bigger version though.

Tough to heat open air environment.

Something like this might work.

My Grandpa had one like this when I was a kid. It was loud as hell on startup, but it heated the garage really well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used these when in the Army to keep GP Medium tents warm when we were out extended duration field problems in snow. 10th Mountain Division at Ft Drum, NY. It was miserably cold there. Four seasons at Ft. Drum: June, July, August--and Winter.

https://www.amazon.com/...Heater/dp/B006C110VE

Had one get away from us once too. Burned the whole tent down, melted down a SINGARS radio and several M16s along with a lot of personal and individual field gear. Big report of survey dealing with that one. Good times.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a stove Hawkeye and trapper John should be sitting around.

Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That buddy heater you linked works well. My in-laws had an old travel trailer, none of the systems in that trailer worked very well so they just ran a line from the buddy heater to a propane tank outside the trailer and used that for heat, it heated the whole trailer pretty well. It was the bigger version though.

Was it the 9000-18000BTU version ? I looked at the ones that attach directly to a tank but the tank would take up too much storage. He doesn't have much room to stash it away when not in use.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kidding. I came into the Army we were still wearing steel pots and driving jeeps just like in Korean War--or WWII for that matter. Those old .mil stoves get HOT! We had wood stoves in the student huts during mountain phase of Ranger school (I went in Winter and it was FEB when i was up on the TVD above Dahlonega, GA). When we came in from a patrol we'd fire those old stoves up till they were cheery red hot! God that felt great to be warm again after a few days patrolling out in the snow. Good Times!

GL with your stove search

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Was it the 9000-18000BTU version ? I looked at the ones that attach directly to a tank but the tank would take up too much storage. He doesn't have much room to stash it away when not in use.

Yeah must have been. It had a direct line to a tank, not the screw on green tanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just fart a lot.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I just fart a lot.

That would be more of a blue flame heater.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple people and a dog warm it up pretty well. Thats what i do. If its really cold, a nalgene bottle with hot water in it works wonders!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you campers use a tent heater ? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The two bottle heater buddy works really well and is safe to us in an enclosed area. I tent camp when I Hunt and used mine once when it was 18 outside and slept comfortably all night .
Quote Reply