Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade
Quote | Reply
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/eruption-bali-mount-agung-delay-global-warming-more-than-a-decade/90051/ I thought we had a few extra special sunsets the last few days.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think when Yellowstone goes it will put AGW back 400 years
Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump's EPA is on it. They think it can be reduced to 1 year if we put our minds to it.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBC was saying the last time one of the local volcanoes there erupted, global temps dropped 0.5C the next year or 2.

(I'm not following the non-link)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no

Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I think that reason cited that the warming curve was interrupted and we didn't get to see if the satellite ocean temps etc were steadily going up was that. When Krakatoa (sic?) erupted there were crop failures because of the cooling.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fake news.

No way that anything natural could ever slow man’s destruction of the planet.

Every single bad weather event or climatological situation is due to man.

It can’t be stopped.

Pinche volcano...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny I was just reading somewhere that one of the possible fixes for the recent heating of the planet would be to put some microscopic particles in jet fuel that would float up and create a reflective barrier. Basically replacing all the lost white snow that used to reflect and more to deflect some heat.

So basically what a volcano would do for a year or two, only as long as we keep flying we could adjust the mirrors intensity. Of course it sounds too simple, but in reality that is pretty much what an exploding volcano does, just puts up some small particles into the upper atmosphere, only those are quite temporary on a planets timeline. (As are we most likely))
Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Funny I was just reading somewhere that one of the possible fixes for the recent heating of the planet would be to put some microscopic particles in jet fuel that would float up and create a reflective barrier. Basically replacing all the lost white snow that used to reflect and more to deflect some heat.

So basically what a volcano would do for a year or two, only as long as we keep flying we could adjust the mirrors intensity. Of course it sounds too simple, but in reality that is pretty much what an exploding volcano does, just puts up some small particles into the upper atmosphere, only those are quite temporary on a planets timeline. (As are we most likely))

There's that pesky detail of what reduced sunlight does to crops around the world...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
monty wrote:

There's that pesky detail of what reduced sunlight does to crops around the world...

Looks like we just might see the fruits (see what I did there?) of that pesky detail soon with this volcano thing...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Major eruption in Bali could delay global warming for up to a decade [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
monty wrote:

If we're talking about sulfate aerosol injection for climate modification, there's not that much of a reduction in total insolation - way less than 1%.

But if we're talking volcanic eruptions, yeah. Tambora erupted in 1815, and so 1816 was the "Year Without A Summer". That's the biggest eruption in modern times. There are others that are well-documented in ice cores, like Samalas (1257) and Kuwae (1453).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
monty wrote:

What about my solar panels?
#mypanelsmatter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major volcanic eruption cause the planet to cool down for a few years because the particles they emit will reflect the sun's ray away from the earth. It doesn't do anything to the fact that we are still emitting huge quantities of CO2 in the atmosphere and deed down that's really the problem.
Quote Reply