Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I believe the current acceptable term is African American Christmas lights.

Well, it would be Kwanzaa lights, wouldn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
300' of big, colorful LED lights on my house. With more to come for our back deck. Lot's of all white light houses around here.......

I may need to Griswold the SH%& out of my house.......
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need a picture.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always put up lights, but nothing crazy. Each year I put in less effort, this year is probably the lowest i have gone.

Of course, now that my oldest daughter, 4 years old, is obsessed with everything Christmas has seen the lights turned on and has commented to my wife that ours look terrible compared to every other house on the block. Now I have guilt to go out and re-do it all and expand on the lights!! Of course the temperature is 20 degrees less compared to when I originally put them up.

There is a company in my town that charges hundreds of dollars to do the Christmas lights, puts any DIY homeowner to shame. Crazy thing is tons of people hire them, I don't get it, do people have that much disposable income?
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
I put 1 token colored bulb in each string.

Outstanding!
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is new in our area, and it's not super cheap ($100 min and closer to $200-$300). Plus a fee to take them down. I've got disposable income but I am not spending it on that.

They have huge ladders, ropes, harnesses, etc. At least they seem to be safe about things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, do people still hang up strings of lights on their gutters and shrubs?
We now have these laser things - they use almost no electricity, you just plug it in and put on your front lawn and VOILA - light show. 60 seconds of work and it looks better.

OK, Seriousness over.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
... I don't get it, do people have that much disposable income?

If by "disposable income" you mean "wayyy more credit than they should have", then yes... Yes, they do.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydro wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
... I don't get it, do people have that much disposable income?

If by "disposable income" you mean "wayyy more credit than they should have", then yes... Yes, they do.

I knew that was coming!
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might get a laser this year since we moved into a new house, but I have a street light out front and I haven't seen one that is bright enough to compare to a good set of string lights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
integrator wrote:
This is new in our area, and it's not super cheap ($100 min and closer to $200-$300). Plus a fee to take them down. I've got disposable income but I am not spending it on that.

They have huge ladders, ropes, harnesses, etc. At least they seem to be safe about things.

I have never got a quote, but I recall seeing a coupon offering $200-$300 off.
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
In all seriousness, do people still hang up strings of lights on their gutters and shrubs?
We now have these laser things - they use almost no electricity, you just plug it in and put on your front lawn and VOILA - light show. 60 seconds of work and it looks better.

OK, Seriousness over.

Cool idea. How long will that laser stay in your yard if you don't live in a gated community? Our crime rate in my area of Littleton, CO isn't high, but there have been a rash of Christmas decoration thefts already. That laser light would likely be top of the hit list.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Colored Christmas Lights [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other issue with those is digging them out of the snow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love colored light displays and I love white light displays. But I would never mix them in the same display, that just doesn't look right.
Quote Reply

Prev Next