Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tesla: Your Check is in the Mail... Or Not.
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Tesla is using the Pheonix Pay System to issue refunds (Inside Canadian joke)

https://www.wired.com/..._twitter_onsiteshare
Quote Reply
Re: Tesla: Your Check is in the Mail... Or Not. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are lucky you will get 2 cheques

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Tesla: Your Check is in the Mail... Or Not. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Sounds like Tesla is using the Pheonix Pay System to issue refunds (Inside Canadian joke)

They need to get the Model 3 straightened out and into large-scale production, because their high-dollar rides don't have a big-enough market in which to allow the company to thrive. They need to get their quality control in line with industry standards. They haven't yet proved they're capable of mass production on a scale close to what the established automakers can do, and they're burning something like $4,000 every minute.

But their investors aren't actually that worried. Share price is at $315.55 and it has a market cap of $53 billion, better than Ford at $48 billion. Elon Musk is either the greatest salesman of all time, or there's something there that makes people want to hand over their wallets to the guy. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Tesla: Your Check is in the Mail... Or Not. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take Ford's proven market cap of $48b over Tesla's unproven $53b any day of the week. How about giving one of the big 4 a call and license the damned car to someone that can build it. I want a car I can afford not a pipe dream. This is looking more and more like the Bricklin, only slightly more successful.
Quote Reply
Re: Tesla: Your Check is in the Mail... Or Not. [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

They need to get the Model 3 straightened out and into large-scale production, because their high-dollar rides don't have a big-enough market in which to allow the company to thrive. They need to get their quality control in line with industry standards. They haven't yet proved they're capable of mass production on a scale close to what the established automakers can do, and they're burning something like $4,000 every minute.

But their investors aren't actually that worried. Share price is at $315.55 and it has a market cap of $53 billion, better than Ford at $48 billion. Elon Musk is either the greatest salesman of all time, or there's something there that makes people want to hand over their wallets to the guy. ;-)

That's sort of a silly statement considering several car companies thrive on exactly that. Tesla just needs to make something they can price in the 7 figure range ;)

For high-dollar EVs? They're selling in America? Not a big enough market, and they don't have the cachet yet. Like I've said, my attorney has a Tesla S. His driving life revolves around mapping out his range and the charging stations for the ride from Ann Arbor down into Detroit, where he has to park it in a garage that's still a short taxi ride from the county courthouse. It also didn't help that they resembled rolling cigarette lighters for a time. ;-)

For sure, if they can come up with the 600-mile range and solid state batteries that we're all hoping are just around the corner -- at a relatively affordable price -- count me in (as a second car... because I love me some high-output V6 and V8 power ;-). Until then... they need that affordable Model 3 and for the government not to end the federal EV tax credit, which is something being considered in the new tax reform bill (House bill ends it, Senate bill doesn't).

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 25, 17 13:12
Quote Reply