Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair)
Quote | Reply
Like Damon Linker at The Week website said last week: Al Franken was just the beginning. Then came John Conyers. And now the circle may be widening again.

Investigative journalist Laura Looner is citing D.C. sources who say a prominent Never-Trumper Republican congressman is going to be outed tomorrow. Something about him having had an extramarital affair with a 19-year-old staffer.

Any bets on who the randy Republican is? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outed for having consensual sex with an adult?! The horror!
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Ryan.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s one way to spin it.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

the left are the best spinners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If the rumor is true, we'll see how the Republicans spin this one...
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Outed for having consensual sex with an adult?! The horror!

It's the age we live in, unfortunately. And the Sexual Harassment Apocalypse is now upon us, an outcome based on rules that many on the left and the right insisted be put in place for us normals, but which they themselves believed could never be used against them. Not in a million years. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, you'd think they would have realized they'd then have to be very careful about their own behaviors, but they apparently missed that little qualifier. Because they're the "elite" and better than us, I'm assuming.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All this sexual freedom is proving to be very problematic.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

For sure. ;-)

I think we like the idea of "sexual freedom," but we also want to be moral scolds about it as well. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Looks like Al Gore may have some problems on the horizon:
http://www.ocregister.com/...-inconvenient-truth/
-
As to the spin coming, I think both sides are scared poopless, as the linked piece mentions, that they may lose a significant amount of members. Taking it "too seriously" would mean that offenders like Franken are gone, and Moore gets punted before the election so you have kirstin gillibrand slamming Franken, but stopping short of calling for him to step down, and Trump and his minions dancing around Moore's likely guilt and mostly just pointing out that we don't want the dem to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Looks like Al Gore may have some problems on the horizon:
http://www.ocregister.com/...-inconvenient-truth/
-
As to the spin coming, I think both sides are scared poopless, as the linked piece mentions, that they may lose a significant amount of members. Taking it "too seriously" would mean that offenders like Franken are gone, and Moore gets punted before the election so you have kirstin gillibrand slamming Franken, but stopping short of calling for him to step down, and Trump and his minions dancing around Moore's likely guilt and mostly just pointing out that we don't want the dem to win.

He (Gore) had that issue with the masseuse, if I remember correctly. But the Left closed ranks around him on the theory that his environmental/climate change activism made him too valuable to throw over the side. And because the Clintons are no longer a force to be feared,you see folks like Gillibrand and former HHS chief Kathleen Sebelius coming out and saying they shouldn't have let the priapic Bill off the hook so easily. It's all CYA and a way to keep the current rogues (Franken, Conyers) in power. Completely cynical, on both sides, but it's the way D.C. operates.

It's also why Maxine "The CIA is Selling Crack in Compton" Waters is sticking by John Conyers: because he's "been impeccable on the issues that matter to us." So what if he tried to victimize his female staffers? In war there are always going to be casualties, right? And rogering young maidens is part of a warrior's prerogative. Amirite or amirite? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably a 50/50 mix of these a'holes. Line up 10 on each side and thow them overboad, then wait for the next batch. In the end, nothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Except given this allegedly about a GOP Congressman, it was presumably right spin? Does that mean you're getting as good as us?
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Speaking of "spin." This has nothing to do with "freedom."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

It's also why Maxine "The CIA is Selling Crack in Compton" Waters is sticking by John Conyers: because he's "been impeccable on the issues that matter to us."

And....and.....it's why Trump and the Alabama GOP are sticking with Moore.

Though we're all used to immediately running faithfully to our respective tribal positions on any issue, I don't see this one as primarily a partisan issue. It effects "both" sides roughly equally (for both politicians and media personalities) and both sides have had hypocrisy exposed to about the same level.

This is more about women vs. men (sometimes men vs. men) than political ideology. The rules are changing, and quickly.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 24, 17 6:25
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

If the rumor is true, we'll see how the Republicans spin this one...

oh they'll do a really crappy job. they always do. if they were smart they'd call donna brazile on a blocked line and get some help...but they wont, and it'll suck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Madduck wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Except given this allegedly about a GOP Congressman, it was presumably right spin? Does that mean you're getting as good as us?

nope. dont doubt one sec dude is guilty, but the spin will suck. and the response to anything the left throws at him will be just as sucky. the right sucks just about as much as the left, just in different arenas.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
trail wrote:
Madduck wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

nope. dont doubt one sec dude is guilty, but the spin will suck. and the response to anything the left throws at him will be just as sucky. the right sucks just about as much as the left, just in different arenas.

I'll take that "nope" as a "yep."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So true. I find it so simple to just have sex with my wife. I am such a prude.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Get with the times, big guy. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Interesting, so do I.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So true. I find it so simple to just have sex with my wife.

Is that a backdoor brag? :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
https://youtu.be/Z0YIJQ1jgEI

Hey, I only report on the muckraking. I don't do the muckraking. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Rumor: Another Congressman to Be Outed Tomorrow (Extramarital Affair) [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply