Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society?
Quote | Reply
In response to Franken's explanation/apology, Guy Cecil, the head of a prominent Democratic super PAC, tweeted, "That was not an apology and was an insufficient response to serious allegations. Al Franken must be held accountable..." (Link.)

How do "allegations" lead directly to being "held accountable"? In my mind, it's not until allegations are proven than one should (can?) be held accountable for them.

What happened to due process and logic? Has the victim culture and its attendant inability of anyone to question a "victim" swept both of those away?

What a f*cked up state of affairs.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
In response to Franken's explanation/apology, Guy Cecil, the head of a prominent Democratic super PAC, tweeted, "That was not an apology and was an insufficient response to serious allegations. Al Franken must be held accountable..." (Link.)

How do "allegations" lead directly to being "held accountable"? In my mind, it's not until allegations are proven than one should (can?) be held accountable for them.

What happened to due process and logic? Has the victim culture and its attendant inability of anyone to question a "victim" swept both of those away?

What a f*cked up state of affairs.
If someone accuses you of something you did, and you admit you did it, that's it -- especially if there's no state prosecution involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, a photo + acknowledgement isn't helpful if there's a an issue with people are jumping to the sentencing phase...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What happened to due process and logic?

Nothing. In the extremely unlikely event he faces criminal charges, he will most certainly receive the full benefit of due process.

Logic and critical thinking leads to the conclusion that he's guilty, though. There's that photo, and his "denial" about forcing his tongue down her throat is not credible.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

What happened to due process and logic?

Not to mention these are principles of the legal system, not requirements for someone making a decision to believe something or not and then to act accordingly on that belief.
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kinda feel like I did mention that . . .

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In anything that involves sex or race there is no due process (depending on which sex or race you are).

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn right white boy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Politics is theater and smear campaigns are the weapons of choice. The ACA was supported by both parties, they just played to their constituents' wishes. I had a local politician told a colleague she introduced a bill that was bullshit in actually helping businesses but it looked good to her "optically" for her political career.

They are that morally and ethically deficient.
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [BreadPudding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The society that I live in has the following rules:
1) Avoid the selfish, unpredictable, mentally ill and ...... lawyers.
2) Try to treat people fairly and with respect.

There are NO legal disputes (sexual or otherwise) in my society.
Quote Reply
Re: Would Someone Please Explain the Logic of Our Current Allegation = Guilt Society? [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Damn right white boy!

Dirty White Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81-ph0YYLOE

Notice the first line... better put those guys behind bars!
Quote Reply