Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tax calc
Quote | Reply
Marketwatch has a simple tax calculator for house and senate proposals. No cut for me thanks u f$cking jerks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Marketwatch has a simple tax calculator for house and senate proposals. No cut for me thanks u f$cking jerks!

https://www.newyorker.com/...or-everyone-but-them

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
U can be sure trump wants estate cut in conference committee. Pos. His dufus children will need the$$$
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

$2000 cut from House, $4000 cut from Senate. Thanks, Trump!

The proposed standard deduction is much bigger than my ability to itemize.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy for u, but single, no kids, guessing upper middle class income nada for me. I am ok with you and middle /kids getting significant bucks....just not hedge fund and millionaires. I hope they show cohort breakdown before they pass this stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a comment on the tax proposals since they don't impact me but I do get a chuckle out of the constant theme in government about how they are going to simplify the Tax Code, we get it all the time too.

They introduce a thick book of regulations which are designed to make things simpler. Then they have grandfather provisions, some rules phasing in and out while others are permanent, exceptions to the rules etc., etc.

All to make it simpler of course.

And then, if you get a little refund (a refund of your money), you are supposed to applaud your government.

It's quite a racket.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Nov 16, 17 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They showed a clip of Cohn (GS guy) in front of a bunch of ceos in a rather small setting and moderator asked ceos with corporate tax cut how many would invest more here, response was maybe 10%. No response as to why? Guess with low wages forever nobody here to buy and cost too much to manufacture here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this what you are looking for?

Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's my 1.5%? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What state do you live in? If it's "blue" it went to folks in red states....
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in a goat roper state, the south.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something? I get the total tax owed under the two plans, but I don't see something to compare to current law?
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew how much I pay the Feds yearly. Looked on my computer at last yrs filing to confirm.

Old and slow provided a general analysis my income group.

The repubs say economic growth will mitigate the 1.5 trillion debt projected, but many also admit their overlords said cut our taxes or no longer donors.
Quote Reply
Re: Tax calc [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simpler = less ways to avoid paying
Quote Reply