Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And most of the answers below are case in point for your post...Sadly. But par for the course for this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Tik wrote:
Big issue with the disrespect for the flag and what it represents to this nation.

How is taking a knee during the Anthem disrespecting the flag? He removed his helmet while many others kept their hats on, he did not turn his back on the flag or walk off the field, and he did not make any obscene gestures at the flag or burn it. He used his celebrity to call attention to racial inequality, something that needs to have a spotlight applied to it. He started a national dialogue which continues today. Will anything come of it, probably too early to tell.

Isn't this disrespect for the flag?

How about this?

Many consider both disrespectful, although burning has been considered a protected form of speech. However, wearing of the flag, I'm not so sure about that one.

https://www.senate.gov/...rces/pdf/RL30243.pdf
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Tik wrote:
Big issue with the disrespect for the flag and what it represents to this nation.

How is taking a knee during the Anthem disrespecting the flag? He removed his helmet while many others kept their hats on, he did not turn his back on the flag or walk off the field, and he did not make any obscene gestures at the flag or burn it. He used his celebrity to call attention to racial inequality, something that needs to have a spotlight applied to it. He started a national dialogue which continues today. Will anything come of it, probably too early to tell.

Isn't this disrespect for the flag?

How about this?

If you look at what Kap said about it, he told you his point was to disrespect the flag and country...that is why he did it. His intention was to basically say "screw this country because you let cops abuse minorities and other stuff." The merits of his opinion surely need to be discussed, but way he did it was intentionally to disrespect and throw dirt on the flag, the country and the military ( as the flag is seen as the military). It got the attention he wanted and he now he has to live with it. But to claim he didn't disrespect the flag or the US in doing so is simply to put on blinders and not look at his own words.
Last edited by: ACE: Nov 14, 17 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
[ If you look at what Kap said about it, he told you his point was to disrespect the flag and country...that is why he did it. His intention was to basically say "screw this country because you let cops abuse minorities and other

Please refrence where he either said this or implied it. I have not seen anything like that except falsly attributed by racist comentators masquarading behind a thin veneer of conservatism.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilly dilly

Quote | Reply
Well, GQ has a history of putting class acts on their cover, so ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
ACE wrote:
[ If you look at what Kap said about it, he told you his point was to disrespect the flag and country...that is why he did it. His intention was to basically say "screw this country because you let cops abuse minorities and other

Please refrence where he either said this or implied it. I have not seen anything like that except falsly attributed by racist comentators masquarading behind a thin veneer of conservatism.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. Then he wore a t-shirt to his press conference glorifying Fidel Castro.

So fuck off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? Wearing socks depicting cops as pigs didn’t clue you in? I suppose everyone has their heros.
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
ACE wrote:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. Then he wore a t-shirt to his press conference glorifying Fidel Castro.

So fuck off.

I'm sure you have some fine qualities but smarts is not one of them. To make the jump from 'not going to show pride' to 'disrespect the flag' to 'screw this country' takes some serious hysterics. Try making an attempt to understand what is being said, and why instead of parroting morons with an agenda. Kaep protest are against the flag the same way the Bostonite's protest was against tea.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
SH wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
ACE wrote:

So fuck off.

I'm sure you have some fine qualities but smarts is not one of them. To make the jump from 'not going to show pride' to 'disrespect the flag' to 'screw this country' takes some serious hysterics. Try making an attempt to understand what is being said, and why instead of parroting morons with an agenda. Kaep protest are against the flag the same way the Bostonite's protest was against tea.

I don't think the American revolutionaries cried like little innocent biatches, and tried to claim they weren't disrespecting anything. "But, but, but, people throw tea in the water all the time! What are you Brits so upset about? Gosh, it takes hysterics to find anything disprespectful about that!" They weren't so foolish.

Also, I see that you haven't dealt with Fidel Castro on Kaep's shirt. Fidel Castro knows all about oppressing people. But that's OK because he's a traditional enemy of America, and hell yes to that symbolism.

Guffaw you are a sad troll. You'd rather assume your fellow Americans are racists than use your brain to consider the evidence in front of you. Honestly I see ill will on your part here. As someone who's tired of being called a racist by unthinking dipshits like you -- go fuck yourself, again.
Last edited by: SH: Nov 14, 17 19:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I'm trying to think of something clever to say about this but I've got nothing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2139873

To me, GQ's action is contradictory on its face, since the entire point of the Kapernick's escapade is to repudiate his citizenship.

Also, in looking at past GQ covers and events it seems the magazine indeed has discerning taste and unerring judgement. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:

I don't think the American revolutionaries cried like little innocent biatches, and tried to claim they weren't disrespecting anything. "But, but, but, people throw tea in the water all the time! What are you Brits so upset about? Gosh, it takes hysterics to find anything disprespectful about that!" They weren't so foolish.

Also, I see that you haven't dealt with Fidel Castro on Kaep's shirt. Fidel Castro knows all about oppressing people. But that's OK because he's a traditional enemy of America, and hell yes to that symbolism.

Guffaw you are a sad troll. You'd rather assume your fellow Americans are racists than use your brain to consider the evidence in front of you. Honestly I see ill will on your part here. As someone who's tired of being called a racist by unthinking dipshits like you -- go fuck yourself, again.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
SH wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
ACE wrote:

So fuck off.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm sure you have some fine qualities but smarts is not one of them."

You need to go find a mirror, my friend.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

If he's not going to show, or does not have, pride in the flag and the country what are his feelings? Merriam-Webster provides a list of antonyms for pride and they're not positive: discredit, disesteem, disgrace, dishonor, disrepute, humiliation, ignominy, infamy, obloquy, odium, opprobrium, shame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Guffaw you are a sad troll. You'd rather assume your fellow Americans are racists than use your brain to consider the evidence in front of you. Honestly I see ill will on your part here. As someone who's
tired of being called a racist by unthinking dipshits like you -- go fuck yourself, again.

Whether its driven out of fear or hubris, there are always those that will have stood on the wrong the side of history. Take solace in the fact that 30 years from now when this issue is brought up in history books, you and those that thought like you, will only be remembered as the faceless mass that opposed the right thing.

Quote Reply

Prev Next