Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking
Quote | Reply
But only trained government law enforcement officials should be allowed to possess firearms. ;-)

Eh. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, although that seems to be a prerequisite for advancement in the FBI.

Any CCWs out there want to speculate just what would happen to you if you were popped carrying while hammered out of your mind and got robbed of your weapon by a hooker? The gun laws are pretty clear on that point, and the law -- in this case -- is actually one that makes a great deal of sense.

But what are the odds of this federal law enforcement officer of the EFF BEE EYE losing his right to carry? I think that's somewhere between "never" and "Oh, fvck no!" Plus, this guy sounds corrupt. He had a $6,000 Rolex? On a government cop's salary? Okay...

"An F.B.I. counterterrorism supervisor is under internal investigation after a woman stole his gun following a night of heavy drinking in a North Carolina hotel, according to documents and government officials.

In July, Robert Manson, a unit chief in the F.B.I.ā€™s international terrorism section, had his Glock .40-caliber handgun, a $6,000 Rolex watch and $60 in cash stolen from his room at the Westin hotel in Charlotte, N.C., according to a police report."

After Night of Drinking, F.B.I. Supervisor Wakes to Find a Woman Stole His Gun - The New York Times

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Eh. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, although that seems to be a prerequisite for advancement in the FBI.

Gman may have something to say about this. Also, my fbi nemessis was not fat or drunk ;)

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The watch could have been a gift from family or a family heirloom for that matter. Or I am going to guess hanging out with strippers and taking one back to his room that he is not married. So disposable cash for a watch.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
The watch could have been a gift from family or a family heirloom for that matter. Or I am going to guess hanging out with strippers and taking one back to his room that he is not married. So disposable cash for a watch.

Hookers are nothing if not entrepreneurial. ;-)

As far as the FBI goes. No problem with them, of course. There are always weak links in any chain. This fellow just seems like a weak link. Unfortunately, such links make one question the competency of the organization as a whole. That's a bit unfair, but it's what happens when stories like these come out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

As far as the FBI goes. No problem with them, of course. There are always weak links in any chain. This fellow just seems like a weak link. Unfortunately, such links make one question the competency of the organization as a whole. That's a bit unfair, but it's what happens when stories like these come out.

But......she was an exotic dancer.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Plus, this guy sounds corrupt. He had a $6,000 Rolex? On a government cop's salary? Okay...

Ok now youā€™re just trolling -heā€™s a supervisor, he makes good money
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I want to know is if she gets away with it. I doubt it. The FBI's going to be looking for her!

That sounds like a pretty serious crime. Stupid hooker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it sounds like he could have left the gun in his room when he went drinkings, so might not have been carrying while drunk at least. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

But what are the odds of this federal law enforcement officer of the EFF BEE EYE losing his right to carry? I think that's somewhere between "never" and "Oh, fvck no!" Plus, this guy sounds corrupt. He had a $6,000 Rolex? On a government cop's salary? Okay...

Right, nobody ever spends above their income... and that's why America doesn't have a debt problem!

He must be corrupt. That's the only possibly explanation.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

But......she was an exotic dancer.

Prostitution attracts a lot of women because the capital investment is low and there is demand everywhere. It's easy to start your own business. When they engage in exotic dancing, that is just working in the Advertising Dept.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Rolex was a shirley a counterfeit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Plus, this guy sounds corrupt. He had a $6,000 Rolex? On a government cop's salary? Okay...

I have a $15,000 bike. Am I also corrupt?

Are you aware how much money we actually make? An FBI Special Agent, SSA or ASAC can make up to $161,900 per year (GS scale pay cap).

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Gman may have something to say about this. Also, my fbi nemessis was not fat or drunk ;)

I'm thin, don't drink much, and fairly intelligent. So I disagree with his theory. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Are you aware how much money we actually make? An FBI Special Agent, SSA or ASAC can make up to $161,900 per year (GS scale pay cap).

Thatā€™s weak (your salary, not your bike).

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

You can finance bikes. Can you finance Rolexes?

Okay, so maybe the Rolex (sounds like an "inexpensive" Oyster Perpetual ;-) was a Beijing knockoff? Plenty of my old NWA employees used to hit the flea market in that town and came back with a dozen or more to sell for about $40 a pop. LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Ok now youā€™re just trolling -heā€™s a supervisor, he makes good money

I don't troll, sir. I opine. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

I'd suspect he is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Paid cash for my bike. Whatā€™s your next argument? šŸ˜€

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Paid cash for my bike. Whatā€™s your next argument? šŸ˜€

All you rich white folks make me extremely jealous. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a question. Friend of a friend is buddies with a couple who are FBI agents. They are always carrying. It came up at some point and from what Iļø heard they are always supposed to be carrying. Iļø have no idea who made that claim. Curious if that Is true ?

For conversation sake letā€™s assume the worst here and he was carrying when he got plastered in the bar.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
i have a question. Friend of a friend is buddies with a couple who are FBI agents. They are always carrying. It came up at some point and from what Iļø heard they are always supposed to be carrying. Iļø have no idea who made that claim. Curious if that Is true ?

For conversation sake letā€™s assume the worst here and he was carrying when he got plastered in the bar.

I always carry... unless alcohol is going to be involved. Never, ever carry if alcohol is planned.

There's no hard and fast rule regarding carrying when "off duty" but it's strongly encouraged because you just never know when shit is going to go bad. But there's a pretty strong and fast rule that weapons and alcohol don't mix.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When's the last time these guys got a raise?

ā€œRead the transcript.ā€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I always carry... unless alcohol is going to be involved. Never, ever carry if alcohol is planned.

There's no hard and fast rule regarding carrying when "off duty" but it's strongly encouraged because you just never know when shit is going to go bad. But there's a pretty strong and fast rule that weapons and alcohol don't mix.
thanks, kind of figured that was the case but wanted to ask someone who would actually know

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Counterterror Supervisor's Gun Stolen After Night of Drinking [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
When's the last time these guys got a raise?

I think we went four years without getting raises. We have received about 2% each year for the last three years. Yippee!

Quote Reply