Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rock a bye baby, bitch.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thst was a thing of beauty. Welcome back GSP.
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ErnieK wrote:
What happened???

GSP just put Bisping to sleep! Choked him unconscious!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
Thst was a thing of beauty. Welcome back GSP.

GSP is a machine!

Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
GSP is carrying the weight very well. The issue with fighters going up a weight class is they often feel like they have a 10 lb weight on their shoulders. But, he is not doing this over a couple months. He has put on the weight for over 6 months now, so he is feeling it. He looks really good. He put on muscle, not thickness. Should be a hell of a fight.

Muscle requires oxygen. Moreso than fat, actually.

Just sayin’.

GSP would be smart to finish it early or ride Bisping for a couple rounds.

Quote:
I think the Pollock is going to roll The Thug.

Yeah, Jerkadick is on another level compared to Nostradamus but doesn’t have a ground game.

I figure Thug is gonna get mugged. I hope her face doesn’t get ruined too bad.

Boy, you nailed it ...

Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I think ring rust is real and off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who sat out for four years and fought again. If GSP wants to make a real comeback why not fight some easier guys first?

So ... how do you feel about GSP's decision now?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing return, thanks for the update. Sitting in BFE in Saudi following this thread and other live updates..

Slowtwitch was fastest!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still trying to figure out what we witnessed tonight. Crazy.

On a tangential note, if it weren't for GSP, the main card could have been a kickboxing card. It seemed like nobody wanted to go to the ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Rig and Bisping retire.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
I am in for this card tomorrow despite my 4 year old ban on GSP’s wrestle fuck style of fights . I dont see GSP winning this unless its rigged, which it very well could be.

I want Dillashaw to win but he won’t.

And the Pollack will destroy Rose.

Don’t buy a lottery ticket.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Perseus wrote:
I think ring rust is real and off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who sat out for four years and fought again. If GSP wants to make a real comeback why not fight some easier guys first?

So ... how do you feel about GSP's decision now?

I didn't watch but I'm glad he won. I wasn't sure he still had the desire to fight and facing the champ after 4 years off is nuts. Newfound respect.
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
ChrisT wrote:
I am in for this card tomorrow despite my 4 year old ban on GSP’s wrestle fuck style of fights . I dont see GSP winning this unless its rigged, which it very well could be.

I want Dillashaw to win but he won’t.

And the Pollack will destroy Rose.

Don’t buy a lottery ticket.

No shit!!

Great fights and 3 new champions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been camping. What I miss?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a chance to watch the prelims. That head kick from Saint Preux looked like it would have hurt, for a moment, then you are sleepies.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
I am still trying to figure out what we witnessed tonight. Crazy.

On a tangential note, if it weren't for GSP, the main card could have been a kickboxing card. It seemed like nobody wanted to go to the ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Rig and Bisping retire.

Nope. Bisping is fighting on short notice.

Less than one week after losing his UFC middleweight title, Michael Bisping has already accepted a short-notice fight against Kelvin Gastelum.

Bisping (30-8) has agreed to face Gastelum in the main event of UFC Fight Night on Nov. 25 in Shanghai.
http://www.espn.com/...fight-night-shanghai

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smart move. Get back in there before you have time to change your mind. The Benjamins Dana threw at him to take the fight probably didn't hurt either. Gastelum is a killer. Hard to believe Bisping is going to get clearance less than 30 days out from repeatedly getting your head bounced off the canvas due to elbows.

OT, but how about Brown's immortal elbow? Yikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong about Bisping - the dude just wants to fight (between rounds of smack talk)!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Yeah, I couldn't have been more wrong about Bisping - the dude just wants to fight (between rounds of smack talk)!

NOW he may retire ... Ouch ... Jump to 2:30 to see night-night time ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was tough to watch. I am uber sensitive to concussions and I really wish he wouldn't have taken this fight after getting rocked a couple of time against GSP 3 weeks ago. That's just not enough time to give your brain to recover. That punch was knocking most people unconscious, but I'd like to think a healthy bisping might have been a little sharper. Gastelum needs to fire his dietician. He looked like shit even at 185.
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Yeah, that was tough to watch. I am uber sensitive to concussions and I really wish he wouldn't have taken this fight after getting rocked a couple of time against GSP 3 weeks ago. That's just not enough time to give your brain to recover. That punch was knocking most people unconscious, but I'd like to think a healthy bisping might have been a little sharper. Gastelum needs to fire his dietician. He looked like shit even at 185.

I agree with you on all accounts. Bisping was originally given a 30-day medical suspension following his last KO. He appealed and it was dropped to 7 days, which is why he was able to fight again in about 21 days. That's ridiculous. UFC may be the only entity that takes "player safety" less seriously than the NFL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I imagine it was one of those things where Dana called Bisping and asked if he was sure. Bisping volunteered for this fight. I put little blame on the UFC for this one. Bisping is very intelligent and has good people surrounding him. They all know better. I'm guessing 10 years from now they will agree that taking this fight was not a good decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I agree with you on all accounts. Bisping was originally given a 30-day medical suspension following his last KO. He appealed and it was dropped to 7 days, which is why he was able to fight again in about 21 days. That's ridiculous. UFC may be the only entity that takes "player safety" less seriously than the NFL.

I agree with you guys on this. Heck, I haven't even recovered from his last fight.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gastelum in line for a title shot yet? Not quite yet?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think so. This year he beat an over the hill Victor Beltor (ruled NC), lost to Weidman (just a few months ago) and beat another guy who arguably shouldn't even have been allowed to fight due to head trauma. Not quite championship material yet imo. Unfortunately rankings and recent history are having less and less unfluence on match-ups so I could see him getting a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: So, that GSP guy is back... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

I read an article about two years ago that suggested concussions were not the most significant problem but rather impacts to the head before the brain has fully healed from the concussion.
Quote Reply

Prev Next