Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bad car crash etc near Toronto
Quote | Reply
https://globalnews.ca/...00-crash-fatalities/ Very bad Two tankers crashed and exploded.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Nov 1, 17 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some idiot on their phone, almost guaranteed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I used to think that truck drivers were highly skilled professionals with hours and hours of training, people who really knew what they were doing. Then I watch Highway to Hell on Netflix and realized that a lot of these drivers are terrible drivers, don't know what the hell they are doing and are downright dangerous.

I wish the cops would pick up their enforcement on truck drivers. I know they don't like to write them tickets because it really messes with their ability to get a job. But there has to be some consequence for doing 10mph over the speed limit 30 feet of the bumper of the car in front of them in a truck weighing 80,000lbs. I have towed 12,000lbs behind my pickup and even with trailer brakes you need a ton of room to react. The way some of these guys drive is insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to kind of think that. Some of my patients are truck drivers some likely good some I'm not so sure. When I saw truck drivers when I worked in emerg and they were from far away often enough it was some guy being paid near minimum wage who likely couldn't do much else. Kinda scary when you think of the mass they are driving around.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I used to kind of think that. Some of my patients are truck drivers some likely good some I'm not so sure. When I saw truck drivers when I worked in emerg and they were from far away often enough it was some guy being paid near minimum wage who likely couldn't do much else. Kinda scary when you think of the mass they are driving around.

Not that I want to sound like a politically incorrect bigot, but its a fact that a lot of the trucking industry in Ontario is now being taken over by east Indians. How many times have you been driving on the 401 when suddenly the truck swerves into your lane just in front of you to pass another truck and then takes ten minutes to make the pass while the line up builds behind you. Next time that happens have a look at the truck driver and I can almost guarantee you that 50% of the time the guy is wearing a turban. I know a guy who works for the MTO (Ministry of Transport) and he tells me these guys are terrible drivers because they drive like they're back in India and they don't want to fail them when they take a truck driving course because everybody is afraid that they'll start screaming racism. His words, not mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
len wrote:

Not that I want to sound like a politically incorrect bigot, but its a fact that a lot of the trucking industry in Ontario is now being taken over by east Indians. How many times have you been driving on the 401 when suddenly the truck swerves into your lane just in front of you to pass another truck and then takes ten minutes to make the pass while the line up builds behind you. Next time that happens have a look at the truck driver and I can almost guarantee you that 50% of the time the guy is wearing a turban. I know a guy who works for the MTO (Ministry of Transport) and he tells me these guys are terrible drivers because they drive like they're back in India and they don't want to fail them when they take a truck driving course because everybody is afraid that they'll start screaming racism. His words, not mine.

I have some friends that are truckers; the rules and regulations are very severe if you follow them to a tee... they've told me horror stories over beers of mechanics they work with who flat-out refuse to work on some rigs... it would seem that when teaming a load, certain people will actually cut holes in the floor of their cabs and go to the bathroom while moving to avoid stopping... so when a rig shows up for repairs after thousands of miles, the underside and drive train is caked with shit... they called out the East Indians specifically...
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HOLY SHIT

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
HOLY SHIT

literally.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wander if environmentalist will still cry bloody murder about pipelines.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course they will. Nothing will change, 10,000 people could die due to overland transport of dangerous fluids and that's just "life". One pipeline spill? No one dies, entirely cleaned up within 7 days, end of the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Bad car crash etc near Toronto [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
len wrote:

I have some friends that are truckers; the rules and regulations are very severe if you follow them to a tee... they've told me horror stories over beers of mechanics they work with who flat-out refuse to work on some rigs... it would seem that when teaming a load, certain people will actually cut holes in the floor of their cabs and go to the bathroom while moving to avoid stopping... so when a rig shows up for repairs after thousands of miles, the underside and drive train is caked with shit... they called out the East Indians specifically...

I've heard that same story from different sources.
Quote Reply