Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg.
Quote | Reply
No mention of one of the worst injuries I have ever seen? (Theisman is still the worst).

Miller dislocated his knee. He is now fighting to save his leg. Unreal.

http://nypost.com/...er-sickening-injury/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Oct 30, 17 8:03
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read that earlier. That really, really sucks. I hope he has a speedy recovery.. It will be a long road I'm sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not going to look for the pics, Heyward was bad enough. Year ago, Napoleon McCallum dislocated his knee and almost lost it because the blood vessels were so disrupted.

So much for football players being overpaid.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Not going to look for the pics, Heyward was bad enough. Year ago, Napoleon McCallum dislocated his knee and almost lost it because the blood vessels were so disrupted.

So much for football players being overpaid.

I know of an elderly female who slipped on the ice dislocating her artificial knee and came damn close to losing her leg and she wasn't getting paid shit :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Napoleon McCallum dislocated his knee and almost lost it because the blood vessels were so disrupted.

That's what ended Bo Jackson's football career; the avascular necrosis in his hip led him to need a hip replacement

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man that sucks. I feel bad for him. Plus, that was a catch.
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

YES, it was!

I did something similar to my left elbow when I was 14. I dislocated the elbow, broke off the end of the bone, and tore every ligament/muscle connecting my upper and lower arm. My forearm was held only by my skin. Doc said I was luck I did not rupture to artery or break the nerve or I could have lost the arm. Ugly.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
No mention of one of the worst injuries I have ever seen? (Theisman is still the worst).

Miller dislocated his knee. He is now fighting to save his leg. Unreal.

http://nypost.com/...er-sickening-injury/

I was watching that live - at normal speed, I looked like a normal play— but with the slow mo replay, I almost puked. - his knee went backwards- it looked extremely painful

The was a challenge on the play, so they had to keep replaying it- although at one point, one of announcers (Aikman?), said they weren’t going to show it again

And the Bears lost the challenge
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Hear hear!

Couldn't believe they overturned that TD after what was a clear catch and control of the ball till well after the play. Can't really fault the guy for setting the ball down after the TD so he could get on with the business of his leg about being ripped off.
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the NFL going to put an end to the catch not a catch debate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar injury ended former Patriots rookie RB Robert Edwards' career - his happened in the beach flag football game the league used to have for rookies during Pro Bowl week. Knee dislocation and severed artery led to immediate surgery to save his leg; league dropped the game outright as part of the Pro Bowl festivities as a result.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i believe he is out of surgery now, leg in tact....playing days are done though Id say, hes 33 or something.. And hell yes that was a TD, even the saints fans were looking around like wtf?
Quote Reply
Re: Bears TE Zak Miller Injury - May lose leg. [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goes back to several discussions we've had here. How are the guys walking when they're 40 or 50 etc.
Gronk is not even 30 and has had 3 back surgeries. Every time he gets hit, he seems to get up painfully.
Now that Miller injury was just horrible to watch.
Quote Reply