Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Russia investigation: there was also this...
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Separately, one of the early foreign policy advisers to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, George Papadopoulos, pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. about a contact with a Russian professor with ties to Kremlin officials, prosecutors said on Monday.

Not tax evasion, that.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful - you risk the ire of stal for suggesting Muller may be doing his job...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
Separately, one of the early foreign policy advisers to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, George Papadopoulos, pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. about a contact with a Russian professor with ties to Kremlin officials, prosecutors said on Monday.

Not tax evasion, that.

And with this little gem(although this has been know for a while).

In a March 2016 email, Papadopoulos offered to set up a meeting between top Russian officials and top Trump campaign officials, under the subject line "Meeting with Russian Leadership -- Including Putin," according to the source. Read more about that here.

At least he could have tried to hide it, you know "Meeting at Hooters for some perogies with our favorite bare-chested horse riding partner"
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you 2 think Muller will get into the Fusion GPS scandal at all? Or are you of the opinion nothing was done illegally there?
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Do you 2 think Muller will get into the Fusion GPS scandal at all? Or are you of the opinion nothing was done illegally there?

What is there to investigate? Come on, answer the questions: what crimes do you think were committed, and by whom?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Webster must be devastated. They seemed really close.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

But Trump said, "I have the best team" with the most "terrific" people! :)

More projection from Trump - They are not the best. They are not terrific. They are often, shady, folks who seem to lurk in the shadows, and be 10 ft away from more serious and sinister stuff!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Webster must be devastated. They seemed really close.

I had to Google-fu that one...

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that his plea deal only calls for 0-6 months is probably scaring some people. Makes you wonder how many songs he can sing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:

What is there to investigate? Come on, answer the questions: what crimes do you think were committed, and by whom?

Come on now Ken, you can't seriously turn a blind eye to this while continuing to accuse Trump of wrong doing. And I'm not saying Trump is innocent. I just want equal justice here. I want it to be looked at to see if there was any wrong doing the same as they are investigating weather was any wrong doing by the Trump campaign. I don't know that there was collusion by Trump any more than anyone else on this forum but I want it proven or disproven. The same with the Fusion GPS scandal.
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
The fact that his plea deal only calls for 0-6 months is probably scaring some people. Makes you wonder how many songs he can sing.

yes, and i believe the language of that plea deal explicitly requires current and ongoing cooperation with the investigation. . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:

Come on now Ken, you can't seriously turn a blind eye to this while continuing to accuse Trump of wrong doing. And I'm not saying Trump is innocent. I just want equal justice here. I want it to be looked at to see if there was any wrong doing the same as they are investigating weather was any wrong doing by the Trump campaign. I don't know that there was collusion by Trump any more than anyone else on this forum but I want it proven or disproven. The same with the Fusion GPS scandal.

I can, and I do. That's why I'm asking *you* to lay out for me the possible crimes committed by HRC/DNC wrt Fusion GPS. We have innumerable Trump campaign personnel who had connections/interactions with Russian actors and then *lied* (oops, misremembered or forgot) about those interactions. That right there is grounds for investigation.

Another poster here used the word "egregious" in reference to crimes committed. What are they? Tell me about the Fusion GPS scandal that makes it a scandal.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:

A foreign national spending money to influence a federal election it is a crime and if a U.S. citizen coordinates, conspires, or assists in that spending, then it also a crime. Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele fit the bill nicely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.bd3ee8a69341

A quick search reveals that Mr. Steele is not a U.S. citizen (and therefore a foreign national).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want equal justice here.

First, you have to give Mueller time. He's being deliberate to make sure he is thorough, which is exactly what he was hired to do and is doing. Second, I would hope that people would want more emphasis on the administration that is actually in power and less on a candidate that has never been President, has been out of elected office for years and is not currently in office.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no basis for investigating GPS Fusion. No investigation should be conducted until all evidence of wrongdoing and the specific legal charges have been made public. On the other hand, Ken and company can provide title and section of each us code section violated by each particular person in Trump camp.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
There is no basis for investigating GPS Fusion. No investigation should be conducted until all evidence of wrongdoing and the specific legal charges have been made public. On the other hand, Ken and company can provide title and section of each us code section violated by each particular person in Trump camp.

Nice diversion. So many people here seem to think that HRC/DNC people should be tarred and feathered for their egregious crimes wrt GPS Fusion. I pointed out some obvious red flags in the Trump campaign, all of which have led to Mueller's appointment.

Please do the same for your side. Thanks in advance.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:

Not tax evasion, that.

And yet nothing Mueller came out with has anything to do with Russian collusion or for that matter, Trump. The dates don't even line up so don't get too excited Kenny. If it is out intent to begin talking about associates tied to campaigns and candidates who have troubled backgrounds, Clinton(s), Obama, McCain, Bush, even Romney have some issues. And shall we begin talking about Monafort's ties to the Podesta boys? DC is a cesspool of corrupt individuals. If the intent is to begin going after all of them Mueller himself will begin feeling the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the other hand, Ken and company can provide title and section of each us code section violated by each particular person in Trump camp.

Well, since the Trump camp appears to have violated so many codes, it is pretty simple.

I'm surprised so many of the Trump supporters are here continuing to defend his team. I would have thought there would be a lot calling in sick...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I pointed out some obvious red flags in the Trump campaign, all of which have led to Mueller's appointment.

Fair enough, I have not fully perused the other threads on the subject and am not familiar with your posts on the subject. But did you identify crimes, as you ask here, or did you identify red flags?

Quote:
Not much time right now so this will be quick.

Here is one Fusion red flag: DNC paying money for information obtained from Russian intelligence officials for the purpose of influencing the US election.

What color is this flag: John Podesta testifying to Congress that he had no knowledge of DNC paying for dossier, yet sitting next to him was the DNC lawyer that paid for the dossier.

Is it really your position that GPS/Fusion raises no red flags?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Having not followed all this that closely, other than they both involve Russia and the election, how closely tied it is to the stuff Muller started with? And would Sessions and the DoJ have to recuse themselves of investigating it like they had to do with matters that involved the Trump campaign?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
I pointed out some obvious red flags in the Trump campaign, all of which have led to Mueller's appointment.

Fair enough, I have not fully perused the other threads on the subject and am not familiar with your posts on the subject. But did you identify crimes, as you ask here, or did you identify red flags?

Quote:

Not much time right now so this will be quick.

Here is one Fusion red flag: DNC paying money for information obtained from Russian intelligence officials for the purpose of influencing the US election.

What color is this flag: John Podesta testifying to Congress that he had no knowledge of DNC paying for dossier, yet sitting next to him was the DNC lawyer that paid for the dossier.

Is it really your position that GPS/Fusion raises no red flags?

The claim was that "egregious" crimes were committed by HRC/DNC wrt Fusion GPS that warranted a full investigation, up to and including a special prosecutor. It's up to those making that claim to provide *some* justification for all this attention.

Re "influencing the US election": isn't that the point of opposition research, to gather potentially harmful information that can be used against your political foes? There's a difference between paying for opposition research that you will use in a campaign, and colluding with a foreign (and hostile) government for *them* to influence the election.

If Podesta perjured himself before Congress (assuming he was under oath), he should be prosecuted. Again: paying for the opposition research isn't a crime, even if it was done by a "foreign national."

(as an aside: did you note that it was that infamous liberal rag, the Washington Post, that broke the story about the DNC paying Fusion for the work that resulted in the dossier? When was the last time you heard, say, Fox even mention any Trump scandals, much less actually investigate said concerns?)

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an aside. This is how stupid some of these people are:

He later deleted his Facebook page which “contained information about communications he had with the professor and the Russian [ministry of foreign affairs] connection”.

After, i think, lying to the FBI

Idiots
Quote Reply
Re: Russia investigation: there was also this... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an aside. This is how stupid some of these people are:

He later deleted his Facebook page which “contained information about communications he had with the professor and the Russian [ministry of foreign affairs] connection”.

Not to mention those who think there is no connection between the Trump camp and Russia at all...

Quote Reply