Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guess over a dozen women lied...
Quote | Reply
...at least according to the W.H. Personally, I would tend to believe the womens in this case.

http://www.cnn.com/...ite-house/index.html
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Oct 27, 17 20:59
Quote Reply
Re: Guess over a dozen women lied... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to see here. He said it himself, "it's what happens in politics."

Wait, you mean these accusations were leveled before he became a politician? Say what you will, at least he's no Weinstein.

These news cycles are getting monotonous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    Surprised there have not been more stories of Trump sexual misconduct, as he seems such a boorish and entitled rich guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, the way these things work would be so difficult to mathematically model.

In a perfect world every little piece of additional evidence would cause a linear increase in perception of guilt.

But it doesn't. And I'm talking about the whole bunch, O'Reilly, Slick Willy, Trump, Harvey, et al.

There's years of evidence and the women are all called liars or brushed off. And the men have this science-fiction-like force field preventing them from justice system scrutiny, accountability within their own organizations, or runaway social media backlash.

And then there's a tipping point. Something triggers. It's hard to figure out when and what it is. After decades. Suddenly the women all become credible all at once, and there's a runaway effect. Suddenly that force field drops, and people start slipping through with knives. Suddenly boards of directors starting talking about it. There are official press releases made. Advertisers make concerned calls. BK posts about it in the LR.

It's bizarre. It's completely nonlinear. Why Weinstein now? Why O'Reilly now? What's the triggering event where everything crystallizes?

I think part of it is when people become just slightly vulnerable. Like a tree that becomes susceptible to a bark beetle after being slightly weakened by drought. Weinstein's company had financial issues. O'Reilly was getting a bit long in the tooth.

The Trump force field is still up and holding very strong. I imagine it's not going to weaken until maybe well after his political career is over.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess over a dozen women lied... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And then there's a tipping point. Something triggers.

True and as you say, it isn't linear. There's a theory about how riots begin. It takes one person to throw a rock. Other people will only throw a rock if they see the first person throw a rock. And so on until your grandmother is throwing rocks. It takes the first person with enough anger or courage to get the snowball rolling but once it starts others are less afraid to come forward.

Quote Reply
Re: Guess over a dozen women lied... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Nothing to see here. He said it himself, "it's what happens in politics."

Exactly. Remember all those trumped up sexual harassment allegations against Obama and Dubya? How soon we forget.

I maintain that the best way to make sure a dozen women don't falsely allege sexual harassment is to not sexually harass them. It's worked pretty well for me thus far.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply