Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Niger [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
Do you honestly believe that the media has covered US casualties in Afghanistan at the same level under Obama as they covered casualties from Iraq when Bush was president?

absolutely i do. obama took a particular spit kicking on afghanistan and guantanamo, as well as on drone strikes. a relentless kicking by the media. probably you didn't see it if you don't real mainstream or liberal media, because that's precisely where he took the kicking, and it was because his base is anti-war, closing guantanamo, and they felt betrayed. he also took a kicking on immigration and criminal justice reform, but possibly not in the newspapers you read.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Niger [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Slowman wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I'm more curious about why there is silence?

Everyone in the administration is scared of letting Trump try to pronounce 'Niger' in a public forum.

Hahahaha! I bet he probably doesn't know that the people there are referred to as Nigerians.

yours could be a joke i'm not getting. sorry if i'm spoiling it! they're nigeriens. confusing i know.

As if we can't all envision a tweet in which he refers to them as Nigers.

Oh man, that made laugh so hard I startled my dog.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Niger [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
spot wrote:
Do you honestly believe that the media has covered US casualties in Afghanistan at the same level under Obama as they covered casualties from Iraq when Bush was president?

absolutely i do. obama took a particular spit kicking on afghanistan and guantanamo, as well as on drone strikes. a relentless kicking by the media. probably you didn't see it if you don't real mainstream or liberal media, because that's precisely where he took the kicking, and it was because his base is anti-war, closing guantanamo, and they felt betrayed. he also took a kicking on immigration and criminal justice reform, but possibly not in the newspapers you read.

I completely disagree. Yes, Obama took a beating on Gitmo and drone strikes. But the weekly showing of coffins coming home from overseas dried up quickly once Obama was president. And the constant negative reporting on Iraq was largely absent on the war in Afghanistan, hell it seems like that war has been pretty much forgotten. I base my opinion here on the media on the likes of CNN, NPR, and news aggregation sites like Google News and the Real Clear sites, which includes articles from all major news orgs, like NYT, WaPo, WSJ, etc. I firmly disagree with the notion that those organizations covered Obama’s war in Afghanistan with anything like the critical eye cast at Bush’s war in Iraq.

Prev Next