Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why the hell did I just watch the Gordon Hayward clip?
Quote | Reply
Wow.

How bad can it be I asked. It is just an ankle.

I feel for the man, that is an incredibly tough thing to happen in the very first game of the season.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Why the hell did I just watch the Gordon Hayward clip? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longest title drought in Boston (NBA champs, 2008) and likely to continue now.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Why the hell did I just watch the Gordon Hayward clip? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who has been on the ground with his foot pointing the wrong direction, I feel for him.

Slipped on the ice in my own driveway, spiral fracture of the tibia and fibula. Now I have a 1/2" titanium rod in my leg from my knee to my ankle.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit! I heard about it on the radio this morning, but hadn't thought to look up the video until now. I'm amazed how calm he seemed.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was brutal. Similar to Joe Theismann way back when.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually like watching things like this, but when I saw a still picture of him on the ground and people in the crowd either turned around or one hand over their mouths and the other pointing at him, I said nah, think I'll skip this one.

I turned to run after a made basket, but my foot didn't turn with me. Went down, tried to get back up and hit the deck again. After taking X-rays, the ER doc said if i didn't break it, I am going to wish I had. I didn't. Instead, 3 shredded ligaments, 6 months in a boot, a year before I could run again. Worst pain of my life.

Best wishes in his recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Wow.

How bad can it be I asked. It is just an ankle.

I feel for the man, that is an incredibly tough thing to happen in the very first game of the season.

About a month ago in JV soccer game my son was about 10 ft. from one of his team mates in the box when a defender came in with a wild kick and caught the team mate below his shin guard. Loud snap that kids all the way over on the bench could hear. Broken tibia and fibula. My son said the guy was lying flat on his back and his foot was 180 degrees rotated resting on the ground.
Quote Reply