Post deleted by windschatten
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 8, 17 21:23
Re: Trump-Corker spat [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if anyone believes Trump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only one who wins a spat is the one who ignores the invite and does not stoop to the level.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I cannot stand Corker - he’s been a horror here in Tennessee, but good for him for bitch slapping the orange monkey. And of course it’s now come out that everything Trump tweeted is not true about the endorsement.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corkers reply was pretty funny except for the entire spat being a sad example of the time we live in.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Oct 9, 17 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a real corker. I agree. I'm glad there are a few people who are trying to keep a modicum of sanity at the White House.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Oct 9, 17 5:29
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Its a real corker. I agree. I'm glad there are a few people who are trying to keep a modicum of sanity at the White House.

It's sad though that we have to wait for an elected official to announce they are retiring for them to grow a spine, and actually say something.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
len wrote:

It's sad though that we have to wait for an elected official to announce they are retiring for them to grow a spine, and actually say something.

yeah, and he still endorsed trump and votes with him and so on. also, if he truly believes what he's saying, he ought to move for impeachment - seriously, if you're really saying the guy's not fit for office, that's not a "zinger," it's a constitutional crisis.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding...and it's NFL players that are disrespectful of the country? No...it's our freaking elected officials who know that Trump is unfit for office and aren't doing anything about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
if he truly believes what he's saying, he ought to move for impeachment - seriously, if you're really saying the guy's not fit for office, that's not a "zinger," it's a constitutional crisis.

Let's not let a small thing like the Constitution get in the way of our personal dislike for a politician, eh?

Impeachment of the President is reserved for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." You don't get to impeach a President just because you think he's not well suited to the job.

The American people, under the voting process we have in place, decided Mr. Trump was fit for office. Absent some offense meeting the Constitutional requirements for impeachment, they get four years to judge whether or not he is fit for another 4 year term.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bob Corker is not very bright to get into a war of words with Trump. Trump has the mounted heads of Hillary and 16 Republicans on his wall.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Bob Corker is not very bright to get into a war of words with Trump. Trump has the mounted heads of Hillary and 16 Republicans on his wall.

Corker is not getting into a war with Trump. This was akin to mumbling under his breath as he runs away.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
if he truly believes what he's saying, he ought to move for impeachment - seriously, if you're really saying the guy's not fit for office, that's not a "zinger," it's a constitutional crisis.

Let's not let a small thing like the Constitution get in the way of our personal dislike for a politician, eh?

Impeachment of the President is reserved for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." You don't get to impeach a President just because you think he's not well suited to the job.

The American people, under the voting process we have in place, decided Mr. Trump was fit for office. Absent some offense meeting the Constitutional requirements for impeachment, they get four years to judge whether or not he is fit for another 4 year term.

sorry, i misspoke - i'm not american and your system is sometimes a bit opaque to me. not impeachment but either the 25th amendment or a motion of no confidence. i realize the former is basically impossible and the latter is rare and symbolic, but hey.

but i also think you've misread me. this isn't about 'dislike.' corker isn't saying that he dislikes trump, or disagrees with his policies or whatever. he's calling him unfit for office. if he really means that, he should do something about it (see above) rather than posting something snarky about it on twitter.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck on tax reform or any other reform with one more hostile senator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
i'm not american and your system is sometimes a bit opaque to me. not impeachment but either the 25th amendment or a motion of no confidence. i realize the former is basically impossible and the latter is rare and symbolic, but hey.

The 25th Amendment really isn't a mechanism for opposition politicians to remove the President. It requires that the either President sign a letter indicating that he is unable to discharge his duties, or that the VP and the Cabinet submit a similar letter to Congress. You don't really want a procedure by which Congress could just decide they don't like the President, and that their disagreements are reason enough to declare him unable to discharge his duties and remove him from office.

Whether Congressmen or other public figures feel the President is "fit" or not really is immaterial. The question of fitness was decided at the ballot booths. Whether or not he is physically able to discharge his duties is a different issue, and I don't think that is really in question.

Letter of censure or something like that could happen, but yes, it's symbolic and has no actual impact, other than to the President's legacy. Andrew Jackson is the only President to have been censured by the Senate, and that happened in 1834. President Polk was censured by the House in 1848. I think those are the only two censures that were ever successfully passed. It would take a lot for Congress to come together to agree to a censure these days.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I wonder if anyone believes Trump?

Jim from MO should be along at some point to proclaim how Dear Leader is making our country great again...
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reported trump fuming...wants more rallies to rev up the dumarses.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reported trump fuming...wants more rallies to rev up the dumarses.

It would be nice to see Trump upset over things like North Korea, ISIS or the hurricane damage in Puerto Rico instead of saving all his energy to get retribution on people who say negative things about him. I'm sure Jim in MD, Jwbeuk, H, Orphious and a few others are okay with that though.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump-Corker spat [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 25th Amendment really isn't a mechanism for opposition politicians to remove the President.

What if it's his own party that wants to remove him? :)
Quote Reply