Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleep number bed?
Quote | Reply
I can sleep on anything, anywhere. But my wife doesn't sleep well and tends to wake up with aches and pains. We stopped at a Sleep Number store to buy her a pillow. I have one and love it. While there, we thought we would at least look at them.

They had one bed that adjusts position for those who read or watch TV in bed. That would suit my wife as she likes to read in bed before going to sleep. The prices are crazy though, $7k for a king sized bed that has adjustable position on top of the adjustable firmness.

We discovered that we do prefer the same sleep number setting, so we have that going for us.

I would like to hear pros and cons for those who have tried them. Any other adjustable position beds?
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep number bed? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We bought one a few months ago, and like it well enough. We went full adjustable. My wife is also very sensitive when sleeping, so this money was all about her. I sleep flat, but I've used the adjustable capability a few times when watching TV. My wife always has some type of adjustment, and she seems to do well with it.

They are expensive, but my wife likes it so I guess it is worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to be uncomfortable sometimes.... sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold, sometimes tired, sonetimes anxious, sometimes I can't sleep, sometimes it's extremely hard to wake up.

Dissatisfaction is fundamental to life. It exist both inside and outside of me.

A trillion dollars, and a army of personal attendants won't make dissatisfication go away.

Yet nothing lasts, forever.

What ever is bothering me today will die of it's own account. And be replaced with the trouble of tomorrow.

I say f#ck the sleep number bed.
Sleep on the hardest, coldest floor in your house for the next six months.
Once you are done with that experience you will love your current bed....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you both have the same sleep number, can’t you just convert that to whatever firmness of mattress you both like, and get a bed that adjusts position but not firmness? Might save a few bucks.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have one, but didn't pay for the fancy adjustable version. Look for sales. They have them a lot and are often 50% off. Ours is an iLE from a few years back. After the sale, the price was comparable to other top line mattresses.

So far, so good with ours. Our sleep numbers are different, and I seem to be sleeping more soundly than I did on our old innerspring mattress. We tried a bunch of different styles with our last purchase and the Sleep Number won out for us.

My brother has a Casper in his guest room. For the few nights each year I spend there it works ok. I spend a lot of nights in hotels and definitely notice a difference after night three or four on the road. I do not sleep as soundly and wake up a bit stiffer (and crankier).

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't have a sleep number, but we have a king size adjustable bed by Tempur Pedic. Ours is pretty firm. It has the cooling technology that allows it to "breath." Ridiculously expensive, but awesome. The nice thing about the king bed is it is split. So, wifie and I can each adjust our own side. Love putting up the top to watch tv or work in bed and love raising the legs if they are sore. We use the adjustment feature every single night. Again, ridiculous price (even more than you quoted), but at least we are getting our use out of it. We have had it for 3 years and I have never slept better. I hate traveling b/c our bed is so nice, all other beds kinda suck.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep number bed? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
If you both have the same sleep number, can’t you just convert that to whatever firmness of mattress you both like, and get a bed that adjusts position but not firmness? Might save a few bucks.

After posting this I started reading online and saw that that could be an option. We would need split mattresses since she might want to read when I want to sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an awesome plush pillow top king size mattress and it cost like $1,500 if I remember right. I saw a study that said the keys to happiness are sleep and sex (not necessarily in that order), so make sure you get this bed thing right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
slowguy wrote:

After posting this I started reading online and saw that that could be an option. We would need split mattresses since she might want to read when I want to sleep.

We don't have an adjustable bed but do have a split mattress (basically 2 mattresses zipped together) which has made a big difference. If she likes reading the other thing that's been great for us is both having a Kindle Paperwhite (back-lit version, think there's a new one out now) as it allows either of us to read as long as we want without having to keep the light on.
Quote Reply