Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marmite
Quote | Reply
is interesting. Anything with a marketing strategy of love it or hate it I have to try.

I tried it on toast and found it disgusting.

However when I tried it on buttered toast I found it to be intriguing and then enjoyable. I think it could be used in lieu if salt in some recipes to enhance the flavor.
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had marmite and vegemite while in NZ and couldn't stand either. However, Tim Tams....that's another story!
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried Vegemite....in the oil for reservoir my diesel boat engine. Works far better than synthetic oil. Thanks Australia!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A small amount goes a long way. May folks apply out like peanut butter. But yes, toast is key.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I’ve tried Vegemite....in the oil for reservoir my diesel boat engine. Works far better than synthetic oil. Thanks Australia!!

Whenever I hear the word Vegemite I think of the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy's selling Vitameatavegamin.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
is interesting. Anything with a marketing strategy of love it or hate it I have to try.

However when I tried it on buttered toast I found it to be intriguing and then enjoyable. I think it could be used in lieu if salt in some recipes to enhance the flavor.

Grew up on a diet of marmite sandwiches.

Good times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Let me know when you've tried gentlemen's relish. That's the real deal. Marmite is weak sauce.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s just salt. I don’t get what people love about it? Why not just butter your toast and cover it in salt. Same thing.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think of men at work. We had Australian exchange student last year. A little goes a long way. I think I could get to like it but it would take alot of work. Tim Tams as already mentioned are good.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marmite on buttered white toast with a big mug of tea. Heaven right there, however my wife and kids don't touch it at all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it go well with Zima ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only eat Vagi-mite

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
windywave wrote:

Let me know when you've tried gentlemen's relish. That's the real deal. Marmite is weak sauce.

I do have Branston Pickle, does that count?
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It’s just salt. I don’t get what people love about it? Why not just butter your toast and cover it in salt. Same thing.

So is moose semen, yet you seem to still consume it instead of table salt.
Quote Reply
Re: Marmite [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Does it go well with Zima ?

Contrary to popular belief, Zima was an experiment along these lines. I won't ever drink Zima again, I do however think I will at least finish this jar of Marmite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

So is moose semen, yet you seem to still consume it instead of table salt.

Quote Reply