Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
My guess is that in the 1970s and earlier female teachers that did this either got a slap on the wrist or were tranferred/fired but no stats were kept.

Or it was just reported far less often.

One of the articles touched on it, but I wonder if social media isn't a big factor. They're using it to stay in contact, so there is a trail - and there is probably online conversation. It may be the difference between unsubstantiated rumors that were commonplace 20 years ago versus an almost irrefutable electronic trail now. Back when there were just rumors, the teachers were just moved - not they are prosecuted.

It still gets me to think that someone with so much to lose (family, job, freedom) would risk it for sex.

People have affairs all the time with the same risks. Heck, throw in religious people who truly believe and they are willing to risk eternal damnation for sex.

I am frequently amazed at what people will do and risk to get laid.
Yep!

Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. WTF?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another mystery...

Last edited by: Sanuk: Oct 5, 17 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
My guess is that in the 1970s and earlier female teachers that did this either got a slap on the wrist or were tranferred/fired but no stats were kept.

One of the articles touched on it, but I wonder if social media isn't a big factor. They're using it to stay in contact, so there is a trail - and there is probably online conversation. It may be the difference between unsubstantiated rumors that were commonplace 20 years ago versus an almost irrefutable electronic trail now. Back when there were just rumors, the teachers were just moved - not they are prosecuted.

It still gets me to think that someone with so much to lose (family, job, freedom) would risk it for sex.

It's a pathology, and not so much about the sex itself. Because, honestly, can it really be all that good when you're talking about a child or a teen? There's something else going on with these adults.

Many women just get excited at the opportunity to be 'the first' sexual experience for a young guy. I lost my virginity dozens of times before I was 30YO.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

It's a pathology, and not so much about the sex itself. Because, honestly, can it really be all that good when you're talking about a child or a teen? There's something else going on with these adults.

Many women just get excited at the opportunity to be 'the first' sexual experience for a young guy. I lost my virginity dozens of times before I was 30YO.

Greg

And with the performance you gave they never had reason to doubt you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is possibly more to the story because she was charged with "six counts of gross sexual assault, six counts of sexual abuse of a minor and two counts of unlawful sexual contact, according to police."

While the sexual assault and the abuse of a minor could stem from the same charge, and they've charged her in a way to have a belts and suspenders approach, it seems like there is more.

Also, and I cannot place myself in his position because i never got a BJ from a teacher, or one I didn't want, but apparently the relationship became known because he was so upset he tried to commit suicide, per the story. Hard to imagine being that distraught but again I can't place myself in his position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I am frequently amazed at what people will do and risk to get laid.

Funny, I think quite the opposite. I am rarely amazed at what people will do and risk to get laid. I'm normally amazed at who a person chooses to take that risk.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Last edited by: TheRef65: Oct 5, 17 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Is there anything I can do to ensure Duffy Jr. gets a good grade?” //

Probably not, but apparently there is something HE can do for that grade...

Serious question now, how old does Jr need to be for you to slap him on the back and say you rock dude, or you are calling the police?? Whats the over/ under here?
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Serious question now, how old does Jr need to be for you to slap him on the back and say you rock dude, or you are calling the police?? Whats the over/ under here?

I can’t give you that age at this point. He’ll be 13 next month.

All I can say is “not yet”, if you get my drift.

You know the old saying - “if there’s grass in the park, play ball”?

Let’s just say we’re just starting to see some seedlings....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
monty wrote:

I can’t give you that age at this point. He’ll be 13 next month.

All I can say is “not yet”, if you get my drift.

You know the old saying - “if there’s grass in the park, play ball”?

Let’s just say we’re just starting to see some seedlings....

Leaving aside the strict age thing (What? Maybe 15 and below and it's rape?), perhaps a better way to look at what these teachers are doing is that they're criminally abusing the student-teacher relationship and taking advantage of their power positions, even if the kids are of later high school age, say 16 and above.

In that regard comes a whole host of informed consent considerations and the like.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: These Stories Are Always Popular around here... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we at least agree that if it’s a man teacher it is almost always predatory in nature and if it’s a female teacher you could fill a book with all the different motivations and scenarios?

I can’t even have this discussion with anyone not willing to stipulate to that.

Ok, so now...

I’d almost always agree that 14 and under for the boy and it’s at least creepy.

I help teach teen jiu jitsu,12-16 year olds (12 is young but a couple of kids (my son included) were running through everyone in the kids class and at 16 they go to adult class) and I can tell you that some 15 year olds are legit men (physically). It’s rare but it happens.

At 16 it entirely denpends on the situation. I worked with a guy who at 16 had a girlfriend that was his childhood babysitter. She was in her 30s at the time. He thought (at the time) that they were in love but when he got older looking back he realized that she was just a weird lady who got off on banging underage (16-17 yo) guys. She “broke his heart” but he got over it and looked back on it with good memories. No harm no foul.

When I was 18 I banged a 34 yo a few times (she liked younger dudes and was an all around freak) and had one nighters with some older ladies (40ish being the oldest compared to me). I had a fake ID and a good cocaine connection. What can I say?

I have no regrets.

As for own son, I’d want to protect him from emotional damage but I can’t always do that.

He isn’t (at this point) the “player” type so if his current personality survives the onslaught of testosterone he’s about to endure I’d have to guess that a teacher doing sex with him would be not in his best interest.

But hey, that little dicky we carry around sometimes has other ideas for us.

It’s a curse.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next